PDA

View Full Version : Naples Air Training (JAA Approved... but any good???)

Flyerphil
30th Aug 2001, 19:18
Anyone studied or flown at Naples Air Training in FLorida.

They are CAA/JAA approved and I am thinking about doing my JAR/FCL there.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Noggin
31st Aug 2001, 00:27
To be precise they hold a JAA approval to conduct courses for the Multi Engine Piston Class rating.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st Aug 2001, 02:44
Flyerphil,

Glad to see your interest in our Flight Academy. The JAA Courses we offer are PPL, Multi, Night, RT, and IMC.

I would be happy to give you a list of students you can contact to ask questions.

For Further information you can view our Website at www.naples-air-center.com (http://www.naples-air-center.com) and email us at [email protected]

Hope to see you in Florida Soon.

Sincerely,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.

GoneWest
31st Aug 2001, 07:28
Phil....

I have had PERSONAL experience of various Florida outfits....in alphabetical (not political) order......

Air Safety (gone)
Britannia
DeBenair
Euroflight (gone - but still advertising??)
FlightSafety International
Naples Air Center
Orlando Flight Training..and
PanAm (gone - at least as far as new recruits is concerned).

All of them have their good bits, all of them have their bad bits.

Overall, my vote would be in favour of Naples Air Center. You will, of course, have to decide for yourself.

Shortscot
2nd Sep 2001, 00:34
I have flown at Naples about a year ago and had a good time. The training is excellent and organisation is good. I flew on average 4-5 hours per day - Well recommended

QUERY
2nd Sep 2001, 01:07
This is sounding suspiciously like a Naples advertising campaign, but how do have experience (and what exactly was it?) of so many FTO's?

thecoltster
2nd Sep 2001, 01:09
I am considering them as a place to do my multi rating, does anyone have any experience of this specific course?
I also wish to hire a single engine for an hour build and would like to take the aircraft away for a while with a friend of mine, how accomodating are they to this idea? Or would you recommend a different establishment to do your JAR multi or SEP hour build?
I await their info pack but I would greatly appreciate some insider info, so if anybody could perhaps email me I'd be very grateful
Thanks for any help,

Cheers,

COLT

Nightflyer
2nd Sep 2001, 01:36
I had a look around the Naples airport and visited the training school last winter. The President's wife is a Brit and also an instructor. It seemed a well run and friendly school. When I asked her why she did not go back and fly in the UK, she said FAA licences were no good in Europe. Even if you get FAA licences and and then build up your hours, it isn't going to do you any good due to JAA changes.

skywatcher
2nd Sep 2001, 22:07
Just finished there last month. Didn't do the JAR PPL course though but it is a good operation. The instructors are all keen to help you progress and the staff are always willing to assist. One word of warning, you will need to work at it as there is a lot to do in the short space of time. Anything you can get done before you go will help you in the long term and let you concentrate on the flying. I personally didn't find anything I would call negative with NAC for me they were good and I will be going again. Tick VG. (PS I don't work for them) :)