View Full Version : Emirates

ozboi23
1st May 2003, 09:56
Hey there ppl, I had my final interview with the airline 2 weeks ago in sydney and just wondering how long it actually takes for males to find out if they are accepted or even if they havent, is it worth giving them a call after the initial 4 week waiting period?

thanx guys
ozboi23

goofy76
1st May 2003, 13:16
Hi Ozboi

I had my final interview with Emirates in Sydney early december '02 and only found out i was successful about a month ago. Im finally flying out to Dubai on 15 May so thats about a 5month wait from last interview to fly out date. Please dont be discouraged if you have to wait a long time but i heard it takes longer for guys because there are only 3 males per class and it takes time for them to slot you in. Any girls who made it to the final round with you will probably hear first.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you go.

Jason

SocialFlyer
1st May 2003, 21:04
Hi Gang

Has anyone from Melbourne got an interview with Emirates this month?

SocialFlyer

KitKat79:)))
1st May 2003, 21:40
Emirates does work quite differently with guys and girls, they got back to me three weeks after my final interview to let me know i had been accepted, another girl interviewed with me also found out about the same time that she did not make it, but i still don't think that that they had got back to the guys at that stage...well good luck with it all. And remember 'no news is good news'!

Kit Kat :O :O

P.S. Goofy 76, i will be on your flight as i too leave the 15th of May, from melbourne...this may also mean we will be training buddies!! :=

tetsuya
2nd May 2003, 16:41
Hi KitKat79 & Goofy76,
Hi there!...I'm also on the 15th May flight to Dubai with another guy from UK, Nick.
Nice to hear that you guys make it...CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Huurraayyy!!!:D :D
I'm from Malaysia.
Keep in touch.

Warren.

qfmike737
2nd May 2003, 17:28
Congratulations guys! you have finally made it! you should feel so excited and proud of yourselves! I hope one day to be sharing the skies with you. Good luck and Happy flying.

SocialFlyer
2nd May 2003, 19:52
Hi Guys,

One last try for a response! Does anyone from Melbourne have a Preliminary interview with Emirates. I've got my interview and will be attending this month here in Melbourne. I can't believe they are already back. If anyone also has an interview this month let me know and maybe we can chat before attending.

Regards

SocialFlyer:ooh: :ok:

TJ99
2nd May 2003, 22:50
So if you're Jewish and want to work for Emirates, how is this possible?

On the website, under religion, all faiths are listed, EXCEPT, Judaism.

So much for being an "equal opportunity employer"

kumul1
3rd May 2003, 08:19
All religions are welcome, They just don't advertise it for political reasons. However when you are here, respect the religion of the land and they will respect you and your religion.

A very liberal country in many respects and they put up with a lot of s##t from us expats so do your thing and respect the locals and all will be cool.

nicuk
4th May 2003, 03:02
CONGRATULATIONS!! KitKat,

Will also be flying on 15th May.

KitKat79, tetsuya, & goofy76 cya all in Dubai very soon.