PDA

View Full Version : Prospect looks gloom for SIA Cadet Pilot

Rukawa_
1st May 2003, 08:07
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but I find it interesting to read so many pilot's opinion on the aviation industry. I went for an interview with SIA for their Cadet Pilot position in Kuala Lumpur last month, although it's been more than 1 month, I haven't had a reply from them yet. I know it's a bad time for the aviation industry right now because of the SARS virus, but I wonder if it will affect the training programme of cadet pilots as cadet pilots will only be utilize after 2 years of training. Hopefully by then, the aviation industry will be in the ups again. Latest news is SIA have ask their cabin crew to take 7 days unpaid leave every 2 months. and Silk air have asked 8 expats into early retirement. Sigh, what a bad time for the virus to come, but it's never a good time for any virus to come anyway. Anyone with the latest news on the cadet pilot recruitment is welcome! thanks!

combi pilot
1st May 2003, 17:42
looks like you might be in for a bit of a wait there mate..

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but if the cabin crew trainees have been let go, don't suppose there's too much hope of the cadet pilots being spared either.

Don't place too much hope on SQ...for now at least...I'd start looking for an alternative if I were you...

Rukawa_
2nd May 2003, 05:58
ARGH!!!!

What does a guy have to do to become a pilot!!!!:confused:
But anyway all you out there take care, Virus knows no boundaries!!!! keep your radio equipment clean!!!

sq111
2nd May 2003, 12:43
A few days ago with actual numbers:

B777-200 SQ 880/879 aircraft capacity 323.

Singapore-Bangkok 58 economy 0 raffles
Bangkok-Incheon 102 economy 3 raffles
Incheon-Bangkok 69 economy 1 raffles
Bangkok-Singapore 41 economy 0 raffles

A week or so ago a Singapore-Zurich flight left with 32 passengers

Things not looking too good.........................................