PDA

View Full Version : St Georges Day

Windy Militant
30th Apr 2003, 19:56
Shuffling sounds from the wings, then a figure stumbles onto centre stage and whilst staring intently at his feet mutters through gritted teeth.

"Happy St Georges Day"

A long stick appears from the wings and pokes the figure vigorously he looks up and again through gritted teeth says

"Happy St Georges Day"

Again the stick pokes until he finally shouts

"Happy St Georges Day"

The figure then shouts

" happy now"

and stamps off to exit stage left. :)

(Well My Giles calender says it's today and thats good enough for me) :ok:

AerBabe
30th Apr 2003, 20:11
I think you ought to make sure you're looking at the right week...

djk
30th Apr 2003, 20:14
I could have sworn St George's Day was on the 23rd

simon brown
30th Apr 2003, 20:18
I dont know Windy, how can you be so Un PC and patriotic by wishing everyone a happy St Georges day!. The liquid stimulant operative in the Female Monarchs Head pub was telling me the other day, that the ginger haired lesbian unidexters from the local council frowned up on him flying the flag of St George last year...

Hot cross bun anyone?....

Windy Militant
30th Apr 2003, 20:22
Well as a paid up member of the Taffia and a card carrying pagan I may be wrong. But I was informed that as the 23rd falls during Easter week, and apparently your not supposed to celebrate Saints days during Easter week then today is St Georges day.
Myself I think its just a chiz by the Sais to get two national days ;)

djk
30th Apr 2003, 20:30
you could be right there on that one, but it seems that everyone else celebrated it on the 23rd

Windy Militant
30th Apr 2003, 21:00
I didn't and I'm not celebrating it today either! I'm merely responding to all the whinging I got about wishing my compatriots Dydd Gwyl Dewi hapus.
Whilst on the subject of balance and fairness I've just noticed that my official works calendar has St Davids day, St Patricks day and St Georges day marked but not St Andrews Day! I will be Writing to my MP as soon as I've figured out who he/she is
:*

djk
30th Apr 2003, 21:02
it was a metaphorical "everyone"
With regards to St Andrew's Day, I think you should notify the calendar printers. ;)

Chaffers
30th Apr 2003, 21:02
Someone celebrated St. George's day? Wouldn't that be nice........

djk
30th Apr 2003, 21:20
they did inHarrogate (http://www.harrogate20th.escout.org.uk/News/03/stgeorge.htm) , Hornchurch (http://www.hornchurchscouts.org.uk/photos/st_george/stgeorge_2003.htm) and a few other places, but as I'm at work and my boss keeps wandering back and forth I can't place a link to every site. but a search on google will display a fair few sites