PDA

View Full Version : Gulfair laying off 60 hiring 60

alladin
30th Apr 2003, 16:58
Just heard the following:

GF is going to have a base at AUH B-767 opperated.
Since the package offered to the GF pilots seems to be very poor, the GF pilots are not eager to relocate at this stage.
GF management has threatened the pilots to replace them with other pilots since they are cheaper and widely available at the moment.
Rumour or truth?

Any information about this topic?

HotDog
30th Apr 2003, 18:15
Why would you have to relocate? I'm sure there are no problems to commute to AUH from BAH, even if you have to spend one night in a Hotel?

wasdale
1st May 2003, 22:15
HotDog

Have you considered commuting 3hrs door-to-door when on minimum rest and on a ten day possible duty roster?
Abu Dhabi is just as pleasant to live in as Bahrain,so assuming that GF pay all removal expenses etc. what's the problem?
My only concern would be for those with children established in Bahrain schools whose education would be disrupted to their detriment if they are at a critical stage.
The expats there have already made one big move,so why the drama about another?:confused:

ironbutt57
1st May 2003, 23:07
Major housing issues being resolved, housing in AUH 200% or higher than bahrain, availaibility somewhat limited, no carparks, facilities for children, places I rewviewed had kids running up and down the halls knocking on doors and being a general pain, but that would be my kids too..no on site playgrounds etc..commuting more likely...the name of this thread is a wildly misunderstood rumour floating around...

Jim Spence
2nd May 2003, 08:02
I may have missed it, but what is this new operation to be called?

sirwa69
3rd May 2003, 18:48
Gulf Traveller (allegedly)

On On

McGreaser
3rd May 2003, 19:06
Would anybody know what requirements they want ? Coz really I don't c what the problem is ?:}

ironbutt57
4th May 2003, 13:15
To be sure, they are NOT making redundant any 767 crews..don't believe the stories...

Jim Spence
6th May 2003, 02:28
Thanks, Sirwa 69.

So, is this to be a full service Economy outfit, or no-frills type of operation? (ie no cabin service / buy on board type of thing)

Don't know if that would work in the Gulf.

Hogwash
6th May 2003, 17:17
Jim Spence

Don,t get it wrong Jim, it is a full service airline. No First class or Buiseness class. It will have everything that one would normaly expect from an airline in an economy cabin including drinks, food and entertainment.

loungelizard
7th May 2003, 19:31
Yes, and in addition to the drinks and a bar, I have heard there are Topless Cabin Crew in thongs and a disco down the back.