PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Integrated Course under £40k

Bubble
30th Aug 2001, 15:19
I've found a JAR ATPL Integrated Course including accommodation (but meals)in sunny Spain under £40k. They are ISO 9002 certified and teach in English.
The problem is; they are not one of the major FTO everybody knows and I wonder how good/bad it would be on your C.V. their name, regarding employment. I know a license its a license and it should make not difference as long as it is JAA, but that is only theory.
Any opinions, coments, views,...ALL WELCOME
:p

RoosterBooster
30th Aug 2001, 16:07
What are they called and do you have a URL at hand.

With all this JAA stuff, it the licence that counts I would imagine.

window-seat
30th Aug 2001, 16:15
Airmed I would think!

I've got their marketing video! (it's a bit corney, but arn't they all)! Not only is it cheap, but you will also share the training facilities with many many very nice spanish trainee hosties!! :D (so sod the c.v.)

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th Aug 2001, 16:17
You'll be talking about Airmed in Valencia I assume.

Well established I believe. Should be OK but I would worry about language problems. You really want to be able to be very very expressive in both ground and flight training e.g. being able to "put it another way" or to generate little rhymes for remembering things/sequences.

Bubble
30th Aug 2001, 20:16
It's Airmed in Valencia, but I didn't want any free ads for another FTO. If anybody needs a link for them, click here (http://www.airmed.es) ;)
That's for you RoosterBooster
Thanks for those posts so far. Anymore comments? :p

Tino
3rd Sep 2001, 02:53
Hello,

I am currently doing my ATPL at Airmed, so I think that I can help you guys...
Airmed is TOPS.
Both Ground-and Flight-school are excellent, with nice instuctors who know their stuff and who can explain most things in a clear and understandable way. Their English is also very good in most cases because nearly all of them have studied in the UK or the US.
The classes are very international with nationalities ranging from British and Dutch to Angolan and Columbian!
I can really recommend the school, they are expanding big time, Airmed also has very good contacts with Oxford through the EAAPS by the way. We recieve here 1400h of groundschool, which is more than sufficient and we fly 180h actual of which 60h on complex planes. We also heve 50h on the sim and we end the course on our own and brand-new A320sim, where we do 40h of MCC/LOFT training, coached by the Chief Instructor of Iberia.
And yes, Airmed is Cheaper than most, but the quality is high. :cool:
Also, flying in Spain is THE MAX, I am sure that WWW will agree...