PDA

View Full Version : Kilpeck Fly In

muffin
30th Apr 2003, 02:59
Does anybody know if the Heli Bull charity fly in at Kilpeck at the end of May is on this year?

I had one event list that said it was, but I can't find any references to it anywhere, and they normally have a web site for it.

Palma
30th Apr 2003, 04:32
I think that it has been cancelled - this year - but one of the organisers will post an official reply.

ppheli
30th Apr 2003, 06:47
Website is at http://www.heli-bull.org.uk/

It is indeed cancelled - HCGB listed it in good faith not knowing it had been cancelled by the time their list came out. Number of reasons including no military commitment, public liability insurance gone crazy, arguments between the villagers, ... etc.

Possibility of an alternative helicopter event around the same time but that will be a private event by invitation only - and that will be invitation from the operator running it for their PPLH members, not from the normal organisers of the event.

Hope to be back next year

muffin
30th Apr 2003, 14:52
OK, thanks. My google search did not find that site, although it found the 2001 site which is still there.

That's a pity, as I was hoping that the weather would be somewhat better for it this year. If the other event does happen, I hope it will be announced in this forum.