PDA

View Full Version : B 727 Rating

kiron
30th Apr 2003, 02:21
Where can I do a B727 rating ....and about how much does it cost ??

Thanks
KIron

Clogmaster
30th Apr 2003, 04:12
hi Kiron

I suggest you contact SAFAIR, they operate a large number of 727's. Not sure if they provide training but they should be able to point you in the right direction. Try www.safair.co.za.

Cheers
CM

JJflyer
30th Apr 2003, 17:50
Yip... There are quite some options available. In Europe you can try with EAT. They have instructors that can give you the course and 1 TRE left. Cougar in UK has the other TRE still working in central Europe. Price varies but you could be looking at 14000 to 20000 USD depending on your previous experience and wether you need 2 bounces.

In US there are far more options. Prices range from 7000 to 15000 depending on the above reasons. Miami seems to be the center now for B727 training. Though there area few smaller schools in Dallas and Seattle providing this type.

I did mine in MIA about 2 years ago just when they where starting to implement these new security rules. Not too big of a hassle then.

Also in RSA you should check with Inter-Air and Nationwide. Perhaps they can give you a hand as well.

Any questions... feel free to Email me.

Cheers

JJ

orgasmotron
3rd May 2003, 00:14
You can also try Million Air. They still got 1 b727 and goes to sim in London every year. Get hold of the chief pilot and they might be able to slot you in with their guys as long as you just pay your part. Their ops number is +27 11 390 2710. The chief pilot is Chris Eggeling. I am sure they will be able to put you in touch with him.

Good luck.