PDA

View Full Version : How many does it take?

skipps
27th Apr 2003, 04:18
How many ppruners crying in anguish does it take to stop an ugly bird trying to pretend she's a sexpot and driving us mad with pathetic, irrelevant postings?

Notso Fantastic
27th Apr 2003, 04:50
Well......this IS "JET BLAST". Prepare to meet thy doom all who enter! Are you having a bad day?
Now, first post? Are we doing a naughty that Uncle Danny wouldn't like? Multiple registrations?......false leads? (Israel)

Capn Notarious
27th Apr 2003, 06:05
How many does it take?

1, The Author.
2, Prevailing common sense.
3, Constant reflection to the phrase.If you are an idiot. A, dont open your mouth and prove it. B, never submit on a website.

timmcat
27th Apr 2003, 06:13
skipps, who are you and just what is your point?

Techman
27th Apr 2003, 06:28
A sexpot?.... here!!.
Surely you must be jesting.

Hilico
27th Apr 2003, 07:06
And how many threads start with a mud-slinging spite-fest, as opposed to degenerating into one?

fourthreethree
27th Apr 2003, 07:24
Is there a more pathetic, irrelevent post than this one?
Skipps, are you the ditched ex of.....just who exactly?
You are the weakest link, goodbye!

BlueDiamond
27th Apr 2003, 10:00
What a charming, enjoyable first post from a "new member."

Close the door on your way out skipps.

redsnail
27th Apr 2003, 20:34
Skipps,
Brilliant.
I wish I got as many bites when I go fishing.

Biggles Flies Undone
28th Apr 2003, 05:15
I love puzzles!

Come on Skipps - give us a tiny clue as to the subject of your rant.

You know you want to.... :E

redsnail
28th Apr 2003, 05:34
Or perhaps the source of your apparent ire?

timmcat
28th Apr 2003, 05:56
Aaah well, he's gone quiet.. I, like many (probably) are gutted .. Not.

If you have been here for a while under another guise, you know the etiquette.. if not, then do us all a favour and refrain from ridiculous postings.

PilotsPal
28th Apr 2003, 18:01
At the risk of fanning the flames, I would go so far as to say that what Skipps has said about a female poster, I could certainly say about certain male posters.

Binoculars
28th Apr 2003, 21:17
Don't like the tone, and it's even worse coming from someone with one post to his/her name. Presumably another regular without the guts to post under their own name.

Smirking and gutless. Whether it's a genuine post or a windup, it's the sort of crap that gives JB a bad name.

Surly Bondslipper
28th Apr 2003, 21:22
Heaven forbid that the tone of Jet Blast should be lowered! Maybe you should throttle back on the pomposity a little, Bins?

Binoculars
28th Apr 2003, 21:32
Pomposity? If you think so, so be it. Thanks for the advice.

At least when I post I don't go skulking behind new identities. If that's what you believe JetBlast should be, it's a fine example of why a lot of old stagers don't bother posting here anymore.

Biggles Flies Undone
28th Apr 2003, 22:15
Chill out Binos - this stuff happens all the time in JB. If you stick your head above the parapet you either get bouquets or brickbats.

Some real stars have emerged in JB and have given us much pleasure - I know I don't need to name them. Likewise, some have 'risen above their station' - and, before the chorus of disapproval starts, this is just how BB life or the law of the jungle works.

To all of those who post the knowing 'first post eh?' comments - it's not really rocket science to work out that of course it's a disaffected regular PPRuNer.

Just two points:
It's not me.
I'd love to know who they are referring to :D

witchdoctor
29th Apr 2003, 06:02
Ha! Only 30 more irrelevant postings and I get to the next level of 'order a personal title', and then the whole world will be wondering who this cool genius is with his witty repartee and cheerful banter. No longer shall I be the fat, sad, lonely insomniac, desperately seeking friendship and admiration in the world of the anorak. Roll on the magic 250!

Binoculars
29th Apr 2003, 08:41
Thanks Biggles. I suppose as well as being a Sun Reader and the forum bigot, I may as well go the whole hog and change my name to Oscar the Grouch as well. :8

BarryMonday
29th Apr 2003, 14:14
Binos!

Surely not still reading the Sun? Down here in the trailer park I've got the Enquirer and the Globe! - can't go wrong for political comment, all made easier with a slab of VB!:}

Binoculars
29th Apr 2003, 18:25
Onya BM, it's good to know who your friends are and who you can trust. I'll be down after I pick up the dole cheque, we'll knock off the slab, watch Oprah and Sally Jesse over a coupla joints, then wander down the park and knock over a coupla Arabs. Camel ridin' bastards. I've heard they're all poofs you know.

skipps
29th Apr 2003, 19:25
Who do I mean? http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=88044

Binoculars
29th Apr 2003, 19:37
I suspect I'm about to get a few more converts to my way of thinking. As Bluey said, skipps, shut the door on your way out.

HugMonster
29th Apr 2003, 20:03
I agree, not in the least little bit reluctantly, with Binos.

skipps, please crawl away and die somewhere quiet - and preferably airtight, so the smell of your vitriol won't offend other people too much.

djk
29th Apr 2003, 20:11
Skipps,

Whether or not you like another person's phyical looks gives you no right to attack them in the way you have done.

If you don't like what's being read, then do what everyone else does and move onto another subject that takes your interest.

Are you so perfect that you need to put other and respected members of pprune down in such a way?

FlyingForFun
29th Apr 2003, 20:34
Skipps (or whoever you really are - at least have the balls to use your real identity when you're going to slag someone off)

Sorry, but you're not going to be able to be abusive towards one of my best friends without me replying, and I know I'm not the only person on these forums who will come to AerBabe's defence.

Whether or not someone is an "ugly bird" is entirely subjective. If that's the way you feel then you're entitled to your opinions, but it's not a reason to spout out such vitriol. As for her "pathetic, irrelevant postings," I personally find the vast majority of her postings funny, and not at all irrelevant in a forum which is described as somewhere to "Chill out with a joke or get stuck in a heated debate." If you have a problem with AerBabe which you feel you must share with the rest of us, then please back it up with some worthwhile criticism instead of the bo11ocks that seems to be the limit of your intellect. Otherwise, crawl back into your hole and stay there - and if you must stick around in JetBlast, then just ignore her threads if you don't like them.

To everyone else, I can only apologise for rising to the bait. I know that AerBabe would do the same for me (and in fact has done in the past.)

FFF
--------------

takenthe5thamendment
29th Apr 2003, 20:50
Skipps - or whoever,
I can honestly tell you that AB is one of the nicest, friendliest members of this site.
I have never heard her say a bad word about anyone.
This place is all about having a laugh.
Put up or shut up.

BlueDiamond
29th Apr 2003, 21:05
skipps, please read the JB rules of engagement.

It is quite o.k. (indeed, expected) for thread content to be disputed, it is not o.k. to launch a personal attack on another poster. It is even less acceptable to do it in disguise.

Aerbabe's physical appearance is completely irrelevant and of no interest whatever to her PPRuNe friends. She is highly regarded here for (amongst other reasons) her sense of fun and her ability to make us smile.

* Lay off the snide comments.

* Have the guts to say who you really are.

* Memorise the rules about personal attacks..

And close the door on your way out.

topcat450
29th Apr 2003, 21:12
Skipps, I dunno what your problem is but I bet it's difficult to pronounce? Did you not get enough attention as a child or something?

Nonse.

Davaar
29th Apr 2003, 22:04
It is all very well for you, Biggles, to be so complacent. You are debonnair and all that and flew Spitfires, not to mention Camels. How do you think I feel?

When I first saw skipps’s offering I knew very well he had me in mind: “an ugly bird ...............driving us mad with pathetic, irrelevant postings”.

Guilty on all counts, m’Lud; but then I realised I was free on grounds of s*x (Is it OK to use that word, Flaps, just this once?).

That was fine until along came *********: “...what Skipps has said about a female poster, I could certainly say about certain male posters”. Uh-oh!

Don’t tell me, *********. I don’t want to know.

P.S. I have just gone back and seen skipps's specific reference to AerBabe. Well, skipps, wherever you are I suppose the word "gentleman" is a term of mockery.

AerBabe, you stay with it, Girl.

What_does_this_button_do?
29th Apr 2003, 22:22
What has ********* done Davaar?

Kolibear
29th Apr 2003, 22:31
Hey skipps, you obviously didn't see AB at the last Gatbash then.

fourthreethree
29th Apr 2003, 23:11
There a few prooners here on JB whose posts are invariably light hearted, witty and amusing. (Irrelevance is par for the course on JB, for relevant, more meaningful threads go to another forum.)
I have never met her, but Aerbabe is one of those prooners as far as I'm concerned. Skipps, I would suggest you get out a bit more and start to enjoy life. If you really can't stand to see people enjoy a light hearted look at life then, what was it? Oh yes, close the door on the way out.

AB, you'll always be a babe IMHO, so keep it coming.:D :D

Davaar
29th Apr 2003, 23:31
What_does_this_button_do:

If you look back to the thirteenth, I think it is, posting on this thread you will see this from *********:

At the risk of fanning the flames, I would go so far as to say that what Skipps has said about a female poster, I could certainly say about certain male posters.

I did not find her meaning at all obscure. I took it to mean, as the metaphor goes, that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. In the present context, it meant that any one of us could be singled out for a smart-alec attack. That is how I took it. I could not agree more.

Seeking to introduce a lighthearted element into what I consider a thread with a nasty origin I offered myself, in a sense, as a male victim alongside AerBabe.

I did not think that I in turn was being so very obscure.

I see you are a moderator.

With all respect, what did you think I had thought ********* had done? Did you see my posting as in any way an attack on *********? If not, why do ask the question you put to me?

tony draper
29th Apr 2003, 23:50
Come come Mr Davaar, I think you are being a tad disingenuous, you seek to be known by the sobriquet sexpot is all.
:rolleyes:

timmcat
30th Apr 2003, 00:00
Blo*dy hell, where's the dictionary?

FlyingForFun
30th Apr 2003, 00:03
Tim, surely you don't need to look the word "sexpot" up in a dictionary??? :rolleyes: :D :p

FFF
--------------

Davaar
30th Apr 2003, 00:10
Unmasked, Mr Draper, unmasked! (Tim: that means he has taken off my mask).

Dang me. Dang me.
They oughta take a rope and hang me.
Hang me from the highest treeeeeee.
[AerBabe][*********] would you weep for me?

Wholigan
30th Apr 2003, 00:43
I know that a moderator is not supposed to make comment on subjects (certainly not in his/her own forum), but I am prepared to risk Danny's wrath on this one, as Aerbabe is a very good friend of mine. She is delightful company and her posts are almost invariably received well by the vast majority of Ppruners.

So Skipps, you have obviously incurred the rightful wrath of a large number of Pprune addicts and it would be nice if you left quietly now and did not return.

What_does_this_button_do?
30th Apr 2003, 02:34
Can I just say, and I am not sticking up for that **** skipps person but it hasn't actually said it is AerBabe a lot of people have assumed that it is AerBabe.

Davaar
30th Apr 2003, 02:59
Again with all respect, What_does_this_button_do, skipp's posting 29th April 2003 11:25 does ask the explicit question: "Who do I mean?" and he answers that equally explicitly with a link that leads to exactly one PPRuNer and no other.

I agree with your implicit characterisation of skipps's post, as every decent person must. Whatever else, if anything, it achieves, it is hurtful and intentionally so.

I have seen people frozen out of PPRuNe who were to me less deserving of that fate than skipps.

I hope whoever was the intended victim will disregard it.

greatorex
30th Apr 2003, 03:10
What a nasty and unpleasant thread.

I have never met nor even 'conversed' with Aerbabe via Pprune. But her threads and replies are always charming and often bring a smile to my face. I, for one, wish her many, many years of happy 'Prooning' to come and only hope that this spiteful and cowardly act hasn't caused her any upset.

A BIG Aerbabe Fan,

G
XXXX

flyblue
30th Apr 2003, 04:09
Funny that what was originally a very unpleasant thread has turned into a love thread!
This is the reason it has been allowed to run so far...
AerBabe, seems that you are a rather popular person on JB :)

...and if I can add my bit (following Wholi's "outing"), allow me to say that having met Aerbabe at the last Bash I can certify what a nice and pretty lady she is.

pilotwolf
30th Apr 2003, 04:21
Firstly, its a shame so many people have replied to this t*sser and kept the thread at the top. He or she has achieved what they wanted - a reaction.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this attack on AB is completely out of order.

Whats your problem Skipps? Whats she ever done to you? Jealous of her popularity? Her looks? Her unique style of posting? Her amusing antedotes? The number of views/replies to her posts?

Well, I guess I am in the majority when I say-

AB - you are GORGEOUS, FUNNY, UNIQUE AND WE LOVE YOU! KEEP IT UP!

Heres another 2 votes in support of 'ppune professional poster'!

Skipps crawl back under your stone. Or admit to your real name and take the flack like an adult.

AerBabe
30th Apr 2003, 04:43
:{ Waaah .... momma.... someone I've never met is making mean comments about me... where's my blanky? :{

Mind you, it's nice to know at least one person is taking great interest in my posts. Thanks Skipps. :ok:

FFF, I've tried looking up 'sexpot' in my Chambers C20, but it's not in there. Mind you, 'twas published before I was born.

Thanks for all the kind words people. :O

topcat450
30th Apr 2003, 04:58
********************? :O

Mind you...looking at the other posts there maybe a queue :{

edited incase Mrs TC see's it ;)

T_richard
30th Apr 2003, 05:01
Skipps

I knew you'd want my opinion, so here it is.

If you were trying to hurt AB, you failed.;) There is a enough lovin coming outta this thread right now to make the Lovin Spoonful look like a bunch of mean old guys.

If you wanted to make a point about irrational threads, you blew that one too. I have come to understand that Jet Blast is a blank canvas with very few rules (other than common curtesy). Remember, if you don't like the game, leave the playground. It is Danny's ball, not yours.

Now if you just wanted to stir the pot and build a huge thread, then congratulations, you succeded, sort of, the price was high, you PPRUNE name but maybe thats okay with you. Still at the end of the day , you have become the toad, we'll throw out with the trash

FlyingForFun
30th Apr 2003, 16:51
I've tried looking up 'sexpot' in my Chambers C20See skipps, AerBabe can't possible have been "pretending she's a sexpot" - even she needs to look the word up in a dictionary! :D

FFF
-------------

djk
30th Apr 2003, 17:11
Aerbabe,

I think this is the entry you were looking for...

sex·pot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skspt)
n. Informal
A woman considered to have sex appeal.

geena
30th Apr 2003, 18:19
Skipps I have a piece of advice for you: Maaaaaaan go get a life.

Forgot to mention that your name description "I'm just a bloke who can't get a girl... sad! " is rather pathetic & explains your attitude.

No wonder you can't find a girl !!

AB is a good friend of mine & none of your accusations apply so are you by any means jealous of my lovely friend? eeeeeeek !

Onan the Clumsy
30th Apr 2003, 21:35
I think I've got it.

AB, didn't you have a thread recently about dating? Maybe Sniffs was a beau who got spurned...

AerBabe
30th Apr 2003, 21:42
Me? Nah. Don't think so.
Techchick had one about dating agencies, and I think ATC had one about 50 ways to dump your lover... :confused:

Monocock
30th Apr 2003, 22:14
The really sad thing is that skipps must have started up a whole new email address to register under a new name when he/she knew they planned to be abusive.

He/she must have a problem with AB and that problem must have been nagging them for a while to go to that extent.

Sad really if you think about it. Can the green eyed monster take someone over that badly that they get to the point where they are completely screwed up........obviously so.

I've never met AB, probably never will. Saw her in few photo's recently on Private Flying. She's definitely got great

...............teeth:ok:

Cheers anyway.

Mel

Chaffers
30th Apr 2003, 22:41
...Not to mention the finest arse in Christendom.

Me thinks this is more a cry for attention on behalf of the perp than a considered attack on pprune's finest. Anguish, crying, dark corner of my mind.....All rather indicative of a tortured soul, sounds to me as though someone is in trouble.

Anyone who posts here knows that AB is held in high esteem and reacting jealously to a few posts about Mel Gibson seems like a desperate Gambit. Seek help l'il dude.

Onan the Clumsy
1st May 2003, 00:58
Oh sorry. Shows how much attention I pay to things. :rolleyes:

Anthony Carn
1st May 2003, 01:47
"How many ppruners" was the original question.

You can see how many now, skipps ! Bet you wish you had'nt asked, HMMM ? :p

Keep at it, AerBabe, I think yer ace ! Especially since the "finest ar$e" assesment - whehey ! :ok:

witchdoctor
1st May 2003, 03:27
Woa! Way too much love out there for one woman!

AB,

I think you had better take precautions from all these guys - you don't know where they've been. Don't want you catching any of those strange computer viruses, so get one of those protective covers for the screen and keyboard and make sure its on before going online.;)

As for Skipps, methinks he has a crush on you. I always used to pick on the girls I fancied when I was a little kid too. Just be gentle with him - judging from his post history he's obviously still a virgin!:ok:

T_richard
2nd May 2003, 01:45
witchdoctor

Nahhhh Skipps doesn't have a crush on AB, he suffers from a rare form of a disease called dumbsh**itis. It affects otherwise normal people who wake up one day and suddenly find themselves acting like a D******T. Hopefully in his case its curable unlike his virginity which is incurable and chronic.

is it permited to ask where the pics of AB are in Private Pilot, I'd am doing an authoritative comparison of American woman vs British woman, and she sounds like a perfect example for the British side. Note I am not including California women in this study, no use giving the Brits a leg up in the brains department:p

ATCbabe
2nd May 2003, 06:39
Was gonna jump in here and defend my sissy but I see shes doing quite well herself!!!!

The only thing I could possibly add is .......nope maybe not coz Im not gonna add to this.

I do know aerbabe and she is lovely.End of story!!!

AerBabe
2nd May 2003, 16:57
Mr Richard, there are a number of places where embarassing photos of me have been posted. The most recent of which was a small competition within Private Flying to guess which aeroplane I was impersonating. They're really not worth going out of your way for.

However, the really embarassing ones of our lovely mods should definitely be given a public viewing I think... ;)

Kolibear
2nd May 2003, 19:07
How about the one of Wholi and the lipstick???

FlyingForFun
2nd May 2003, 19:34
I am tempted to provide links. But, if my memory serves me correctly (or what's left of my memory after copious GatBash alcohol), Wholi wasn't the only one to be photographed covered in lipstick, so providing links may not be in my best interests. :eek: :eek: :eek:

FFF
-------------

simon brown
2nd May 2003, 19:51
Skipps

How many ppruners crying in anguish does it take to stop an ugly bird trying to pretend she's a sexpot and driving us mad with pathetic, irrelevant postings?

And are we to suppose Skipps, that you are some sort of oil painting...and when it comes to irrelevant....what exactly IS relevant on Jet Blast...that is precisely what it is there for.

I suggest if you have some sort of problem you go away, grow up and deal with it...

timmcat
2nd May 2003, 21:14
Picture the scene.. pub, 'Skipps' (aka dic*head) and cronies..

Skipps: "Bet I can get a thread to go for 5 pages in JB"

Cronies (in unison) "But how can you achieve that incredible feat, oh wonderous head of di*k?"

Bet won.

FlyingForFun
2nd May 2003, 21:17
:D Tim! But alas, since no one knows who he is, we can't congratulate him :rolleyes:

FFF
-------------

EI_Sparks
2nd May 2003, 22:33
FFF, first time I've seen "congratulate" used as a euphamism! Not to worry, anyone that's that mean-spirited will probably be miserable enough anyway. I hope. And if not, I suspect we could get a large number of volunteers to arrange things so that he/she would be.

(And for the love of god, don't post that photo :D )

(And for the offical record, Aerbabe is someone that anyone would be proud to call a friend - so there. :ok: )

Wholigan
2nd May 2003, 23:30
Oi Kolibear!!! You know that picture was taken when I was trying to become a "sexpot"!!! :E ;)

Celtic Emerald
3rd May 2003, 00:54
Hey hey Whoa

Looks are about the worst parameter to judge anyone by not that there is anything wrong with the ladies in question from the photos I've seen. But just to make a point in general people are born with certain things they can't change & deserve no credit for, looks is one of them. Others things they can claim credit for & it sounds like Aerbabe has painted plenty on that pretty canvas of hers. First she's an accomplished musician, secondly an accomplished aviator, thirdly an accomplished academic, fourthly she seems to be quite a popular socialite with plenty of friends & oddles of personality. If I was given an option of being beautiful with no talents, intelligence & personality or vice versa I know which I'd choose. Putting down someone because of their appearance is a mighty cruel & ugly thing to do, it would be interesting to see if you're such a looker yourself. Real beauty lies within someone, surface beauty only lasts as long as you get to know someone. If a person has none of the former it very quickly matters draught all how much of the latter they possess, since as they say beauty is only skin deep.

Emerald

flapsforty
3rd May 2003, 01:40
:ooh:
Right!
That's a friday night down the drain.
I will need to retire to the Purple Boudoir with a bottle of Dom Perignon and cold compresses.
Immediately!
To recover from the unthinkable.
Seeing eye to eye with Eminemmie! :)

Emmie, neither of us would have thought we'd ever see the day, but mate, I agree 100& with you!!

No one can help the looks they were given, but that doesn't stop most of us women from endlessly worrying about them and trying to improve them when we're young.
(one of the many advantages of getting older is the realisation that whatever way you look is actually fine and not as important as you always thought it was)
Making disparaging remarks about a woman's looks is very cheap way of trying to hurt her. And says a lot more about the person taking the cheap shot than about it's intended victim.

Of course that Aerbabe person has a deplorable tendency to take entirely unwarranted digs at flight attendants and ModBods, but without her sterling efforts on this forum during times of collective humour drought, I doubt we'd still have Jetblast. ;)

Skipp gave me a few sleepless nights with this thread, but in the end has accomplished the exact opposite of what (s)he set out to achieve.

A very satisfying state of affairs! :ok:

geena
3rd May 2003, 05:10
Flaps,

I just loooooooooooooove your icon & mod name :ok: :E

Haven't seen you for a

Flaps

Don't i looooooove your icon & mod name :ok: :E

Haven't seen you for ages, hope all is great with you.

Geens

brockenspectre
4th May 2003, 02:51
When I read the first post in this thread I was angry and saddened that someone should stoop so low as to try and vent their spite or jealousy or whatever vindictive spirit moved them against a fellow prooner.

It was only last night at the mini Gatbash that I found out Aerbabe had been the intended target as I hadn't followed the thread... I can't say more than has already been written about one of PPRuNe's smartest, wittiest, prettiest and most welcoming members save that I am glad she has ridden out what could easily have been an extremely hurtful experience with the humour and strength of character that is innate in her!

:D

HugMonster
4th May 2003, 06:26
And say so all of us! :ok:

flyblue
4th May 2003, 06:33
Celtic and Flaps,
I couldn't agree more. Attacking people for their looks is the most coward thing in the world. Too bad we had to witness it a couple of times recently around here. But in the end it only gives away the ugliness of the mind holding the pen (or the keyboard...whatever!:D )

Binoculars
4th May 2003, 07:52
Does this mean I am now forgiven for my post on Page 1?
:confused: