PDA

View Full Version : The Cheeky Girls

Andrew M
30th Apr 2003, 01:21
Source: Page 17 - Todays Scottish Sun Newspaper
----------------------------------------------------------------

The Cheeky Girls sparked an alert on a flight from Holland after locking themselves in the cockpit. The girls sneaked in after performing their new single "Take your shoes off" at the Fox Kids planet live show in Rotterdeam. They squeezed into a pilot's seat and passengers became alarmed when the plane dived before getting back on course.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, this type of action seems illegal to me. perhaps a severe telling off from authorities should do the trick.

This type of behaviour should be discouraged (and also perhaps their singing ;) )

Onan the Clumsy
30th Apr 2003, 02:35
a severe telling off

Oh yes, I agree.

Fly Stimulator
30th Apr 2003, 03:06
And then... a spanking!

Andrew M
30th Apr 2003, 03:16
their music reminded me of music that used to be on Eurotrash (UK TV - Channel 4)

:)

Anthony Carn
30th Apr 2003, 03:40
$od the music ! That's just a brilliant excuse for them to wriggle around a lot !

They can squeeze into my seat anytime. Both at once. Preferably while I'm still in it ! :E

Tosh may bom ! Thees ees laayf !

Magic ! :D

Barney_Gumble
30th Apr 2003, 15:05
I think they should be very very severly dealt with and I am volunteering my services free of charge....I can't say fairer than that :rolleyes:

Hersham Boy
30th Apr 2003, 15:39
This reeks of PR stunt. I wouldn't get too concerned if I were you :D

djk
30th Apr 2003, 16:00
strange how it's hit the headlines in the Scottish Sun :rolleyes:

ceebs
30th Apr 2003, 16:38
Strange how its hit the headlines in the Sun, and the Sun are helping sponsor a big free festival in Scotland this weekend. And guess who`s included on the music bill? Yep, its The Cheeky Girls......coincidence?:p

Biggles Flies Undone
30th Apr 2003, 16:44
Scottish Sun - isn't that an oxymoron?

witchdoctor
30th Apr 2003, 16:58
Oooooh goody...a spanking. And then the oral s#x!

Big Tudor
30th Apr 2003, 18:01
BFU

You are a cad and a bounder sir. The Scottish Sun is seen regularly every year. 31st July between 0900-0915 local is generally the window of opportunity.:cool:

Andrew M
1st May 2003, 01:18
strange how it's hit the headlines in the Scottish Sun

That's because ****** all interesting happens in Scotland.

Don't think most people here have read a proper newspaper - you know, one that doesn't have naked chicks in it :) .

I believe in magazines for naked wimmin, and newspapers for news (clue is in the name !) - except the Daily Sport

Dude~
1st May 2003, 17:33
any more python quotes withcdoc?!

MerchantVenturer
1st May 2003, 18:31
I've just read the story on the Sun's website and far more worrying to me is the fact that apparently 100 passengers were on board this Fokker 50.

Doubtless another piece of masterful accuracy from this tabloid.

I've just e-mailed them to ask if this was a one-off 100-seater F 50, or are they all being modified.

Do they use smaller seats or smaller passengers?

dontdoit
1st May 2003, 19:21
Full Sun article here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003200430,00.html

Andrew M
2nd May 2003, 03:00
The Scottish Sun - 1st May 2003
***UPDATE***

Headline: "The Cheeky Girls are crashing our plane" - Page 3

Shaken trippers told last night how they feared their plane was going to crash - after sexy pop pair the Cheeky Girls were invited into the cockpit.

One said the KLM flight "started going all over the place" as it came in to land at London's Heathrow airport. And another claimed he saw on of the transylvanian twins sitting on the pilots knee.

Bosses of the dutch airline last night admitted the crew broke strict rules - and could face disciplinary action which could result in the sack.

The girls, Monica and Gabriela Irimia, triggered terror as the twim prop Fokker 50 aircraft decended from 20,000 feet on a flight from Rotterdam.

David Dunn, one of the 100 passengers aboard, said: "Minutes after they entered the cockpit the plane started going all over the place. It was terrifying."

Keyboard player David, 35, whose Bee Gees tribute band had also performed in Rotterdam, addedL "I thought we would crash. It was as if they were in control of the plane's instruments."

The band's bass player Dave Powell, 42, said: "I saw one of the girls sitting on the captain's knee as we came in to land. There was a lot of fear on peoples faces and at one point I thought a wing was going to hit the ground"

Last night the girls, whose new single Take Your Shoes Off is out next week, admittedthe plane started shaking when they were in the cockpit. But they put it down to heavy turbulence.

Monica said: "We don't know what the fuss was about. We were asked into the cockpit by the staff and because of security the pilot had to lock us in."

"He was explaining to us how to use the controls but we didn't actually fly the plane. It was on autopilot."

KLM have launched an inquiry. A spokesman said: "No one other than staff is allowed in the cockpit. Unfortunately the rules were broken. However, at no time was passenger safety compromised and the landing was smooth."

Unfair in my opinion. No offence, but I bet they don't even understand the simple physics that make an aircraft fly. More like the captain invited them upfront for his "other" needs if you now what I mean :D .

Was it worth losing a job (or running the risk of doing so ???) :confused: :rolleyes:

Grainger
2nd May 2003, 17:14
"He was explaining to us how to use the controls....."

I'm not sure that "grab a hold of this joystick" counts as explaining how to use the controls :hmm:

SixStarAnsett
2nd May 2003, 19:12
I'll keep this as simple as possible,

It is extremely difficult for an airline to gain the support and confidence of a community/country. Moreover, it is ultimately extremely easy for an airline to lose the support and confidence of a community/country.

If I was on this plane, I probably would never fly with KLM again.

I think KLM should immediately fly into damage control, and make public examples of the individuals who broke the rules.

SixStarAnsett

Just an other number
2nd May 2003, 21:27
What's a 'quim prop Fokker'?

Anthony Carn
3rd May 2003, 01:42
Quote -- What's a 'qu!m prop Fokker'?

Qu!m ? Who mentioned qu!m ? Freudian slip there, methinks ! ;)

Uncle Cracker
3rd May 2003, 18:35
Right then. While you lot are dealing with them, I'm off to sort t.A.T.u out.:E :E :E

Celtic Emerald
6th May 2003, 23:34
Flippin hell

I hope you're Mrs doesn't see that you naughty man you ;)

Oh cricky, I've burst out laughing in the library again. I think I'll place a bet, which place will I get banned from first, PPRuNe or the library, probably the latter at this rate.

Emerald

CaptainSquelch
7th May 2003, 02:14
Eminnemmie,

If you would ever be banned from PPRuNe I'll never visit the site again. Without you it would be just an other forumsite.

If You're banned from the library I will visit one.

Is that a deal? Let me know when what happens.

Sq

Celtic Emerald
8th May 2003, 00:31
I think this has been a very serious security breach. I mean the cheeky girls could have been Al Quaida operatives. Heavens protect Al Quaida. :eek:

Squealchy you silver tongued charmer you

I'm already a third there for standing up to 'The Women with the Big Boobies Brigade'. Can you imagine my fright when I went on me first Geology weekend recently & they started yapping on about 'cleavage'. Turned out it's a geology term. Phew! but there is NO getting away from it. They got a bit of a laugh too when I told them about you guys. :p

Emerald