PDA

View Full Version : Martin Taggart, ex-PPSC, Available for Nav Tuition

BackSeatDriver
30th Aug 2001, 11:24
Like John, I failed to find employment in Spain. Even tho' I kept my piles to myself, I don't fit the 'Corporate Profile' (whatever THAT is!!); perhaps it was my e-mail address that put them off (see below). But as Groucho once said, 'I wouldn't want to join a Club that would want someone like me as a member'. Still, the outcome was a disappointment when both John and I had been led to believe that we had been offered positions at Jerez before we even went out there. Oh well, it's their loss. ;)

Like John, I am available for private tuition in Nav, General Nav etc in Bournemouth. If you need any help, give me a shout on 01202 391209 or e-mail me at [email protected].

If anyone is interested, I have set up a small CPL Nav Revision weekend 1st/2nd Sept at Bournemouth University.

In the mean time, the flat is getting a long overdue lick of paint; the smell of fresh paint is almost overpowering!!

All the best everyone, and don't forget: 'What's the difference between a great circle and a rhumb line? Who gives a ****!!!' :D

Polar_stereographic
30th Aug 2001, 11:34
All the best Martin.

Why don't you do Instrument as well. That prop that used to be a bicycle wheel can't be that dificult to reproduce.

Like John, you did a good job for me on instruments.

Regards

PS

btw, what use is a Polar Stereographic chart once the exams have been bagged? F##k all in my view..

BackSeatDriver
30th Aug 2001, 11:56
Hi PS

Thank you..... :)

I would have thought with a name like yours, you would know everything to do with a Polar Stereo ;) but if all else fails, they make attractive posters!!

Martin

Polar_stereographic
30th Aug 2001, 12:00
Martin

I rest my case re the polars, they'd make even beter dart boards..

Good luck

PS

Edited for naff spelling.

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: Polar_stereographic ]

BackSeatDriver
31st Aug 2001, 11:00
PS Does anyone know of contact number or address for a school setting up in Budapest?

ajaz
31st Aug 2001, 22:39
Hey Martin.. How u doing...Its ur ex student Jaz I hope ur getting on well sorry to hear about Jarez, but Im sure you will find something, I could do with some tution myself towards the end of our course but i will keep in touch with u bye for now ..Jaz :)

BackSeatDriver
5th Sep 2001, 20:20
Well, what a palaver!! Having set up a little CPL course at the weekend, I keeled over half-way through Sat morning and the students kindly rushed me (kicking and screaming) to hospital!! (Please.... no jokes about drama queens just yet!!)

It's just as well they did, because I was diagnosed as having Meningitis and if I'd had my way, I'd have gone home to suffer in silence and may not have woken up on Sunday!! If you reckon a 10-14 day incubation, then it means the trip to Jerez was probably to blame.... what else can BAe Systems do to me??? LOL

So, a big thank you to Paul, Lindon, Rob and Martin. I'm sorry the weekend was foreshortened, but these things are sent to try us. I will try to set up another date to accommodate you guys.

In the mean time, I'm back and firing on all cylinders again!! :D

BackSeatDriver
25th Sep 2001, 18:30
Held a successful JAR Gen Nav Revision course last weekend and and altho' only 3 came along, they seemed to benefit.

If anyone is interested, I will be holding another similar weekend just before November sittings, which I presume will be the first full week of November. Once again, the cost will be £150 for the weekend and will probably be held at Bournemouth University again. To book a place, please contact me on 01202 391209, or e-mail me at [email protected]

However, please note that I am off on my hols next monday (1st October) and I am not planning to be back until 24th October. In the mean time, good luck to anybody sitting exams in October; I hope all goes well.

Martin