PDA

View Full Version : Of interest to you Guns.

the wizard of auz
29th Apr 2003, 12:20
How would you like a gun mounted on ya chopper that locates its own targets, makes its own decision if it is a target that needs to be shot at, is very cheap to install and run? sounds like something you have required for a while?, then look here. Special ozzy chopper gun mount. (http://waaviation.com/cms/modules.php?set_albumName=general&id=aaq&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php&PHPSESSID=62fe259b7471c40582461c1f661b7bb1)
I thought you might like this one Guns!!. :D

B Sousa
29th Apr 2003, 13:11
Gunns can best be found in hiding on the African Forum...
Its is however a great picture of the outdated but very necessary Wing Mounted Gunner on the UH-60. The former wing mounts required more maintenance in that electrical malfunctions and ammuntion jamms were frequent problems.
This type of system only required occasional MRE inputs and some serious alcohol injections to maintain a ferocious rate of fire when either engaging the enemy or humping the camp followers.

the wizard of auz
29th Apr 2003, 13:21
I would imagine that the alcohol would be an important addative for its systems anti freeze properties. I also believe the electrical systems malfunctions could be allieved on a temporery basis, with a stick to point the gun in the right direction from the cockpit.