PDA

View Full Version : The Diary of Private Francis Jenkins

nosefirsteverytime
29th Apr 2003, 04:20
Simple idea. Something along the lines of "The Black Castle", "Emily Redux" etc. but Diary entries. Think of a little notebook, each page dated, and that'd be all the space in it. (In other words, no long weildy paragraphs. Just keep it short, sweet, FOLLOWABLE and funny! :D )

This is both to start the ball, and show what I mean by Diary Entries.......

11 February 1100hrs

Arrived at barracks this morning. Three hours sitting on barrel of artillery peice in a Bedford. Bloody uncomfy. Stomach same after breakfast. Expect to see breakfast again. Off to marching drills. Just heard of Kevin's plans to smuggle beer and indegestion tablets in. Thank God.

1300hrs

Seen breakfast again. During marching drills. On Colonel's dress uniform. Col. not pleased. Have to clean up mess on uniform and dishes etc. in Mess hall. With toothbrush.

2300hrs

Kevin caught with beer and tablets at 1305hrs. Joined me in mess tent. Had toothbrush in hand. We finished 5 minutes ago. On Sentry duty tonight. Pi$$ed off.

Four Seven Eleven
29th Apr 2003, 05:32
12 February 0600 hrs

Brushed teeth. Must remember to buy second toothbrush. Wish Kevin still had the tablets.

0900 hrs

Marching drills again. Skipping breakfast seems to have been a good idea. Sun becoming rather warm........

1130 hrs

Came to in sick bay bed. Nurse Gladys looking more attractive without the tetanus needle and copper sulphate tablets.

CarltonBrowne the FO
29th Apr 2003, 05:40
1530 hours

Came to again in sickbay bed. Who would have thought Nurse Gladys packed such a powerful right hook?

nosefirsteverytime
2nd May 2003, 07:24
1700 hours

Nurse Gladys won't go near me. Giving me scary look. Scowling back at her.

15 Febuary, 1000 hours

I remember something to do with making faces, but that's all. From what I can gather, the large bedpost shaped dent on my forehead, the broken arm and the iron-shaped burn to my genitals came from Nurse Gladys. Oh God, here she comes again......

Tricky Woo
2nd May 2003, 16:44
Whoops, I misread the thread title. I thought it said The Diary of Francis Jenkin's Privates.

TW

Biggles Flies Undone
2nd May 2003, 17:06
Tricky, this is JB so it's bound to end up being that by the middle of page two :p

maninblack
2nd May 2003, 17:37
11.00hrs 15 February.

Nurse Gladys said that due to the impending investigatory nature of my admission to the Medical Reception Station I "would need to be tidied up.....a little" There are so many medical terms that I don't understand. I must write to mum and ask her what "sack, crack and back" means and why nurse Gladys has a pot of molten wax and bandages on her desk.