View Full Version : Problems with Visa Saudi - Can anyone help???

shakirarah
28th Apr 2003, 23:06
:confused: Left Saudi in Nov 2001 after completing a three month probationary period. Decided the outfit I was working for wasn't up to much and did not want to enter into the permanent contract they were offering.

Returned back to Saudi on a trip in May 2002 with a different employer, and was only allowed a 72hr visa, as supposedly the company I had worked for had started progressing and applying for my Iquama( hope that's the correct spelling) or some kind of Residency Visa/Sponsorship.

They said it wasn't possible to enter on my new employers sponsorship as I did not have a letter of "no objection". Seemingly the original sponsor is rather high up in the Royal Family.

I am really quite concerned as I will be returning to Saudi in the next month. What should I do? Where can I find out whether or not the original has been canx?

I have contacted the original employer, they told me that it has been canx, but then changed their tune telling me the case was still with the immigration. How can this be after 18 months? As for the "no objection" letter, they are hardly forthcoming!!!

Any help on this matter would really be appreciated, as it is just so difficult to find out anything from previous employers and saudi consular section.

Thanks in advance

Shakirarah:sad:

mutt
29th Apr 2003, 03:04
Have you considered losing your passport??

If you think that this is too drastic, check out http://www.gdp.gov.sa/english/english-index.html

Good Luck.

Mutt.

g5tom
29th Apr 2003, 08:08
Hi shak

If you wish to reentry KSA on a new saudi sponsorship, you will need a "letter of no objection" from your previous saudi employer.

If you have left saudi arabia 2001 with no bad feelings, your new sponsor shoud not have any problems to get this letter from your previous saudi employer.

I hope it helps

g5tom