PDA

View Full Version : BA does it again!

radeng
28th Apr 2003, 21:16
So I had a pretty horendous start to a US trip - halfway down the M4 and realise I've left my wallet behind. Get the wife to come out to Junction 15 and get back on the road, only 30 minutes late. Usual horrendous queues at Gatwick, and get to the sales desk eventually to pick up tickets. No tickets! Travel agent screwed up again. Very nice lady called Jeanette spends 35 minutes sorting out travel agent and gets tickets issued, and then walks me up to first class check in because it could be a bit tight if I had to get in the queue for the economy check in.

Get on the plane without problem, and then lunch comes. No special meal on board! Cabin crew come for consultation, apologising like crazy for what wasn't their fault, and then raid First and Business class cabins for 'left overs' to make up an acceptable meal.

Lovely people, very good. BEALINE, please accept a pat on the back for those Gatwick colleagues. Even by the usual high BA standards, those guys stood out as excellent. I did tell the CSD that, too. You'll never drive customers away with the helpfulness of people on the sales desk like Jeanette and the marvellous service of the crew on the DFW flight the Tuesday after Easter. No wonder the flights are so full!

Pity that coming back from DFW, the (different) cabin crew could only be described as 'correct' - they didn't give that friendly feeling of one being really welcome that the crew going out did.

Still, congratulations. It was interesting that the crews on American on the internal flights weren't nearly as good, and the safety announcements were almost inaudible and were gabbled through at high speed. Maybe, BEALINE, BA needs to train them!

PAXboy
28th Apr 2003, 21:34
Sounds like it is time to send that Thank You letter, radeng? The c/c always say that good news DOES get passed on. Name the flight and day and it should reach them.

radeng
28th Apr 2003, 22:01
Did the comments form on board, paxboy, mailed it the same day.

American used (maybe still do) to give out vouchers 'You're someone special' to platinum card holders, which they could give to staff who were really oustanding. BA could consider something similar - AA staff could get some rewards if they got a certain number of them.

bealine
29th Apr 2003, 17:41
Thank you for your kind comments Radeng. I'm going to print this thread and copy it a few times so that those involved will know it was appreciated! Hopefully, the comment about your return trip will make someone, somewhere think "Could that have been me or the colleagues I worked with the other day?"

Unfortunately, we're all human and different factors affect us in our day to day relations with our customers:

1. We're such a large organisation that we're bound to have the odd "square peg in a round hole" - ie someone who shouldn't be in the "customer front line"!

2. Personal circumstances at home can cloud our judgement - as professionals, our private lives shouldn't interfere - but reality often dictates otherwise!

3. Stress levels - on a busy day (and by your own experiences, the queues at Gatwick are frequently horrendous) we can often spend 4 - 5 hours shackled to the check-in desk which can sometimes put us on a short fuse! (no matter how hard you try not to)

Once again, thanks for your comments - if you would care to write in, your message would filter through to Jeanette and the crew involved!:ok: