PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Racing

TOT
28th Apr 2003, 14:37
A friend said he watched part of a TV programe on helicopter racing (Sky TV Bravo channel 124, Sunday 24 April apprx midday). Apparently there were numerous Hughes 500's and a MD520 flying around marker posts, much the same as fixed wings do. Does any body have more information on this "sport" and if the program wil be screened again. Having said that, I am not sure I would want to take part. Thanks
:8

Hilico
28th Apr 2003, 14:59
It was on Damon Hill's Wacky Races. The action took place at Reno in Nevada in between the F1 events. The comment at the end was that there would be no more such races and the winning pilot would thus get to keep the trophy in perpetuity. Obviously it's a satellite program - Men and Motors? Bravo? - so you probably have less than a thousand or so chances left to catch a repeat.

RW-1
29th Apr 2003, 00:32
Interesting.

For real fun, find a model heli club that offers drag racing in it's fun fly events.

Ours are a excelent down here, lots of fun, chills, spills, but definately loads of thrills.

LordGrumpy
29th Apr 2003, 05:16
Ye well known (The master of Crinkly Bottom.) English Television Presenter and Helicopter pilot. Well he hosted a Helifest. Loads of Helis, so he must have pullled a few strings.
Slalom races in opposite directions with buckets underneath.
I just wonder, if the Helicopter Club of Great Britain would ever do something like that.
Professional input, could be a good show.
While reminiscing. I remember a TV interview given by the late
Adam Faith. He was describing helicopter emergencies.
"And there is this lever you have to pull"...................