View Full Version : Emirates Leave, Bidding Overnights?

SocialFlyer
27th Apr 2003, 09:55
Hi Gang,

Can one of the Emirates Crew (or anybody who knows), explain how the leave system works in Dubai. When is one given holidays? Are they taken in one go? If taken a few times a year do Emirates only supply 1 leave ticket per year to return home?

Also with the flight roster, how difficult is it to get your home destination (ie. Australia). How does the bidding system work? Which Destinations do crew overnight in and for how long?

Finally in the event that you need to return home for a family emergency, or you may be ill and require surgery (worst case scenario) what would be the situation with this. Do they allow for emergency leave unpaid? And medical treatment to be undertaken in home country.

I can be really annoying with all my questions, however I do have an interview in Melbourne soon and want to know what I'm getting myself into. I appreciate any information you can give me.

Ciao For Now

SocialFlyer :ok:

har'z
27th Apr 2003, 16:59
hey,

check your private message...

tc nd all d best,

har'z

QF skywalker
28th Apr 2003, 12:15
i would like to know the answers to this also !!

pls supply us with the results !

Bang
28th Apr 2003, 13:29
First of all you guys pay me my phone bill...haha!! (just kidding)

Called a friend of mine who works for EK and mannaged to get info you wanted!

Leave:one month-given in two occations(two weeks each) and crew could bid for it.

Emergency leave: given at any time,provided you produce proof.

Emergecy when on flight: EK make arrangements for you to fly home from whereever you may be.This acctualy happend to my friend when her father died,whilst on a flight to germany.

Tickets: one ID 00, one ID50, unlimited ID90... for your imidiate family-one ID 90, one ID 50.during certain periods of the time,when load factor is low,other relatives too get very cheap tickets,belived to be on "confirmed" basis.

Flying home:more chances.mostly,if you are a language speaker.

Layovers: london,manchester,bermingham,munich,frankfurt,dusseldorf,rom e,paris,zurich,malta,athens,nairobi,post louise,jo-burg,cassablanca,colombo,bangkok,singopore,hong kong, malasia,manila,melbourn,sydney,perth,soon brisbane,osaka,dacca......are some of mant lay overs.

bidding: possible.dont know how many allowed per month,coz,I forgot to ask my friend and I am not going to make another international call...hahaha!!!

Fiction
28th Apr 2003, 16:51
Cabin Crew may request a combination of flights and days off totalling 14 days every month.

Example 3 consecutive days off or singles,, LHR 24hr layover, MNL 48hr layover, ATH 48hr layover...total 14 days. The balance of the roster will be roundtrips and days off.

All this based on a rotating seniority giving everyone a fair chance of bidding for the popular flights....and it will get even better !!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

SocialFlyer
28th Apr 2003, 18:57
Guys,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, that makes things alot more clear, I appreciate it. Excellent information.

I'll let you know how I go with my interview next month.. Fingers Crossed!!!! :ok:

Happy Flying

SocialFlyer

carrioke
28th Apr 2003, 20:38
Hi there. i am EK crew and we get 30 days leave in blocks of 5 days. We have to take minimum of 15 days in 1st half of the year though.
We get 1 free firm annual leave ticket to your home destination but after 3 years you can change this to anywhere on the EK network.. if you need more info please feel free to contact me. You will love it in Dubai!!!!!!!!!!

Hong Kong Layover
29th Apr 2003, 02:14
Good luck to you at the interview.

EK Aims to double up its capacity in all aspects within a very short period and wants to recruit arround 400 cabin crew members by the end of this year.

Your chances will be great! go for it!! you will be working for one of the very best in the trade!!!