PDA

View Full Version : Choose the colours of the next Dyson and help raise money for charity

brockenspectre
26th Apr 2003, 02:42
I think this is a neat concept - I have no idea of design but had fun coming up with my "paint-job" - and if it means a corporate giving more to charity then, in my opinion, that has to be a BONUS! I have an old Dyson and am on the mailing list and this is a synopsis of the e-mail I received:

Paint your dream Dyson online and help raise one million pounds for CLIC (Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood).

Go to Colour My Dyson (http://www.colourmydyson.dyson.co.uk) and paint a Dyson DC07 - for every person that enters Dyson will donate 50p to CLIC. The winning creation will be manufactured and sold in shops nationwide and used in thousands of homes, with a ten pound donation to CLIC for every cleaner sold. The selected winner will receive one of the first new CLIC Dyson DC07 to roll off the production line as well as a Contrarotator washing machine.

Hope a bunch of you do it - would be kewl for a prooner to win!

:D

edited to correct website addy!

tony draper
26th Apr 2003, 04:18
Just spent half an hour and have two skinned knuckles getting a belt back on to a feckin Dyson, they suck up just fine, but I think they are a crap piece of design, they work well as a pure carpet sweeper, but the tools are rubbish as is the whole machine ergonomicly speaking, it also looks like a bag of shite.
Nothing like skinned knuckles to make yer all bitter and twisted.
:*

reynoldsno1
28th Apr 2003, 06:27
Surely it should be in the national colours of Malaysia or Indonesia or wherever the factory was moved to....