PDA

View Full Version : airline and airplanes

AT463
24th Apr 2003, 23:07
Just wondering what is the best palne to fly and which airline is the best. Also what wis the worst plane and airline is

Tinstaafl
25th Apr 2003, 22:43
Using what criteria?

Lee
26th Apr 2003, 08:08
In my humble opinion. the Boeing 747-400 is the best aircraft. Best airline, sorry, never flown (as a pilot) in another airline, so in my narrowest opinion, it is Singapore Airlines, SQ.

Caslance
26th Apr 2003, 09:17
Boeing 747-400......yes. A wonderful machine, in the true sense of the word.

I must admit that I have found Air New Zealand's service to have a slight edge over Singapore Airlines, but that's just my opinion.

So far as stewardesses are concerned...........Singapore, by a mile!!!!

(yes, I know it's not PC. but an old man can dream, can't he?):E

Worst? - BA, I'm afraid.:(

Rollingthunder
26th Apr 2003, 09:31
Still waiting for your criteria to give a reasoned opinion.

Going a bit dark now... is that the standard of English in Brisbane these days? Don't you think this board is worthy of spell, grammar checking, maybe just re-reading - before hitting that button especially if you're asking pilots or other aviation professionals questions? Not much in your profile. Will assume you're young.

:E

18-Wheeler
26th Apr 2003, 14:30
.... and he's in Brisbane, we use real English there.
It's AEROPLANE - There is no such word as 'airplane' in the English language.
Please don't pollute our great language!

FlyMD
26th Apr 2003, 17:35
Well, that's just it, isn't it?
Flying as a pax on BA, we get absolutely dreadful PA with faultless grammar, and snippy FA's in perfect command of their english syntax.
Contrast that to SAA, where the language might occasionally be massacred, but the tone of voice used by the captain actually makes you feel WELCOME, and we are one step closer to an answer to the initial question...
I'm not trying to bash BA, having flown with some brilliant british expats, but if they could be just a LITTLE less full of themselves on occasion....