PDA

View Full Version : FREE JAR ATPL(A) EXAM FEEDBACK Q + A!

taildragger2
10th Feb 2001, 17:31
Hello all.

Ive got a load of Q+A For the Nav subjects, If anyone from any school other than PPSC can give me example questions for Air Law, Radio Nav and Ganeral nav I'll swap them for some of mine. Interested? Reply on this thread or e-mail me. If you have any other feedback questions (esp Oxford students) help the rest of us out!.......................Tailwinds.....................TD2

DeltaTango
11th Feb 2001, 02:53
Hey taildragger2
How would you regard PPSC?
Are you sattisfied with them or are they-as everybody else-lacking sufficient JAR study material?

I am thinking of taking their course so some info will be appreciated....

Thanx

DT

Dizzy
11th Feb 2001, 02:55
Taildragger,
I would also like to know about PPSC - use my e-mail if you can spare the time?
Ta!

"I am going to enjoy this!"

taildragger2
11th Feb 2001, 18:30
OK guys
E-mails will follow with my real thoughts as I know for a fact PPSC and others monitor this site. In short.....................Some fantastic instructors that can offer private tuition and really get you through the exams but as for feedback questions?????????....hhhmmmmm. nuff said? I hear rumours that rats have been seen running from this ship!......... ..............................P.S anyone who has feedback please please please speak to me, I can't pass these with the course books alone, it just doesn't work. If your from Oxford share your knowledge with the rest of us!.............Tailwinds.................TD2.

taildragger2
11th Feb 2001, 18:36
DT + Dizzy! Can't send e-mail, there seems to be a problem! must be at my end.....STBY.............TD2

JimNich
11th Feb 2001, 18:50
As someone who will be starting all the distance learning lark later this year, you guys are really scaring me.

Is it really that bad? Which is the best school to go with? How much did it cost you?

Please e-mail if you don't feel you can post.

Snigs
11th Feb 2001, 19:22
People, please.......

Getting feedback questions from the JAR exams isn't going to happen over night, it's been a year now and the knowledge banks are getting fuller. I suspect that the larger schools will accumulate more sample questions purely by the fact that they'll have more poeple to get the feedback from. I will say, as a word of caution, don't rely on getting hundreds of these types of questions, they'll help, but you've got to do the study before hand :rolleyes:

Oh and taildragger2
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">I hear rumours that rats have been seen running from this ship!.........</font> That's not very constructive is it! :mad: I think that they're doing a pretty good job with the resourse that they have. I have 7 out of 7 passed from their correspondence course, so they can't be failing their students can they? And I intend to make it 14 out of 14 with them in the near future.

taildragger2
12th Feb 2001, 06:49
Snigs
If you don't think people on this site deserve to know the rumours that are current, then don't bother replying to my threads! It's all very well passing seven of seven , but others aren't so fortunate. Don't you think fellow PPRUNE's deserve to know the truth. WE NEED FEED BACK!!
.............................Tailwinds...................... ..TD2 :)

taildragger2
12th Feb 2001, 07:29
Jim Nich
Go with ppsc, no doubt, the instuctors are f'ing great! you won't find a better bunch, no complaints on my part but do be prepared to find your own feedback and Q+A despite what Snigs ( I need a lesson in English!) says you DO need it! If you need any more advice e-mail me!........................Tailwinds......................TD 2

Snigs
12th Feb 2001, 17:56
taildragger2,

Who wound you up and let you go!?

If you read my post again, (no, read if carefully :rolleyes: ) you'll see that I said that feedback and the sample questions are very useful, ("they'll help" was the phrase, I think!)

My point is that there are thousands of questions in the JAR question bank that haven't seen the light of day yet, so you're not going to get away with not doing the hard graft before hand! (S h i t happens, this isn't the American ATP so we're all faced with this situation!)

As far as I'm concerned PPSC did give good feedback on their consolidation course (I'm sure that's one of the reasons I was successful).

By all means gather your own database of questions, but be wary that all of the schools put a lot of hard work into getting their information together, which I suspect is copyright, so don't go throwing their info into the public domain unless you have a lawyer on your side!

Good luck!

Flypuppy
12th Feb 2001, 19:50
I have some feedback on my website (http://www.geocities.com/bigredjumbo/index.html) but feedback seems to have dried up in the past couple of months. If anyone has anything they want to share with rest of the world please feel free to pass it on to me. You can send it to my address in my profile or to [email protected], or even [email protected].

Thanks.

4granted
13th Feb 2001, 01:13
Dont forget to check out pub31.ezboard.com/batpldlsg ..good site with easy down loads.
good luck yall
4gpull upPPP!!!!

taildragger2
13th Feb 2001, 15:46
Snigs
Once again my friend I suggest you go back to the drawing board as you have your facts wrong!

Before you tell me that all the schools do their best to find feedback , your wrong! The only school I can see with a decent amount given the number of JAR exams taken is Oxford, and it shows! I Don't remember seeing instructors from other schools waiting for feedback Q+A at the end of each exam, do you? Ive been there and seen it as you have so lets admitt it!

I don't quite know what your relationship with ppsc or any other school is??? but it seems to me your not aware of the facts that you,I and others are entitled to know. They don't in my experience do enough to retrieve actual exam feedback Q+A! I have said though other than this ppsc have the best instructors, facilities and reputation in the land and they will get my business again, but don't you think other readers of this thread would like to know the opinion of students who have attended and have the abillity to recognise the good and bad of a school? Once again everyone else on this thread PPSC is the only school to attend as it tears shreads off the rest but do be wary when it comes to feedback Q+A...

.....................ANY LOUDER?..................................................Tai lwinds(4 year law student)..............................................TD2

taildragger2
13th Feb 2001, 15:56
4granted + Flypuppy + the rest

Nice site, I will send you some of my stuff when I get the chance. Back to the original post does anyone have more Q+A (esp Oxford) . If so tell me and I can give it to people like flypup so all of us get the best of all schools feedback.........Cheers once again guys........Tailwinds.........TD2

theodor
14th Feb 2001, 02:07
i´ve got lots. Send them to you, keep smiling

Snigs
14th Feb 2001, 15:24
taildragger2,

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">The only school I can see with a decent amount given the number of JAR exams taken is Oxford, and it shows! I Don't remember seeing instructors from other schools waiting for feedback Q+A at the end of each exam,</font>

I can't disagree with you on that one, though as I said before, proportionally, Oxford has more students taking the exams, and will, hence, get a higher proportion of feedback.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">I don't quite know what your relationship with ppsc or any other school is???</font> None, I can assure you.

You "pays yer money 'n' takes yer choice!" so if you want the Oxford type of feedback, then pay Oxford type money!

BTW, the bit of sarcasm at the bottom is unnecessary and ill becomes you, you won't find me stooping so low!

.....................ENOUGH SAID..................................................Snigs (4 year B.Eng (Hons) graduate, who can spell and punctuate far better than some law students :rolleyes: ) .........................................TTFN

14th Feb 2001, 17:30
Hey Guys, this is exactly what the ATPL DLSG was set up for. Please contribute, it is easy and painless but useless without input.

taildragger2
14th Feb 2001, 19:41
Ok Snigs

I hold my hands up to the spelling, our recent tit for tat must now as it's not helping either of our causes is it? I appreciate the banter though! perhaps we can digichat sometime? Theodor I would appreciate the feedback, cheers mate. Still having trouble getting to the Q+A on Big red jumbo site, can anyone help? Or does anyone have others? I think when I,ve finished these exams I may have a BBQ with my notes on Bournemouth beach. Tickets on sale now anyone wanna come?

...............Tailwinds...............TD2

Flypuppy
14th Feb 2001, 19:54
TD,

I have fiddled around with the website a bit. The PDF's take a while to download sometimes. If you are still having difficulties tomorrow morning let me know and I will see if I can sort something out for you.

taildragger2
15th Feb 2001, 15:42
Flypuppy and 4Granted

cheers for the sites, rest assured I shall be submitting all my Q+A asap as others should because these sites are for all of us to use so come on the rest of you get to these sites and post your stuff!

Once again I'm asking on behalf of all you pprune's. If you have or do go to Oxford please please please give us some Q+A, it's not fair that we should have feedback to share with you but not the other way. You can e-mail me direct if you want!
Any Q+A that I get will be sent straight to FP of 4G to be stuck on their websites, come on guys, were all sailing the same ship here!.......................Tailwinds.......TD2

Flyingspaniard
15th Feb 2001, 19:26
More feedback at www.pre-flight.co.uk (http://www.pre-flight.co.uk)

Flypuppy
15th Feb 2001, 19:35
Cant get your link to work FS

taildragger2
15th Feb 2001, 19:36
Flyingspaniard THANKS A MILLION. Everyone else........come on....come on keep it coming.............Cheers all...........TD2

taildragger2
15th Feb 2001, 19:45
I can't get it either!......TD2

Flyingspaniard
15th Feb 2001, 19:46
Some feedback on my site. Its at www.pre-flight.co.uk (http://www.pre-flight.co.uk)

Hope it helps. Most of its from the boys and girls at SFT.

Flyingspaniard
15th Feb 2001, 19:59
Are you using internet explorer? R u typing it in with a dash in the middle? I just got my friend to try it and she managed to get it working.

Sorry if its not, I can send you more by email if you like. I have a massive collection of a large school up the M40 but I can't publish it for obvious reasons.

Hopefully I won't be needing them anymore as I have just taken Febs Nav exams!

taildragger2
15th Feb 2001, 20:17
Hey FS
You can't post them as you say but if you can send me an e-mail with your details, we'll talk soon and arrange some kind of visit! your status would be raised to hero by many pprunes as I plan on producing "** ***" questions on a given site etc etc or poss. putting them on ***** and letting go? One way or the other I'm determined to level the playing field so everyone out there can get a good database to help with their exams.
...........TD2

taildragger2
15th Feb 2001, 20:25
Hey FS

Still can't get the site working but if your near Bournemouth airport give me a shout, I'll buy you a beer mate.!!!

taildragger2
16th Feb 2001, 17:56
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get the Q+A I have to others? CD-rom? Floppy? Web site? Will it all be legal?

Dick Whittingham
17th Feb 2001, 00:16
Just looked up some of the feedback on Pre-Flight and saw a strange question "Which of the following are ECAM system pages?"
This is IMHO going far too deeply into specific aircraft systems, so for all of you, a free list of the A320 ECAM system pages: ENGINE,BLEED,CAB PRESS,ELEC,HYD,FUEL,APU,COND(aircon),DOORS/OXY,WHEELS,F/CTRL, and CRUISE.These pages can be selected or will come up automatically on system failure and during relevant flight stages. You get WHEELS during final approach, for example.These will take you through all the actions required in a system failure and then leave you with a STATUS page that tells you what you have left, what your new limits are, etc