PDA

View Full Version : BenQ digital cameras?

Binoculars
24th Apr 2003, 19:47
Good people,

Never heard of BenQ before I saw a digital camera on ebay tonight, but apparently they are from the Acer factory, and the only problem I've had with my Acer notebook was fixed promptly and without question.

A digital camera would seem a nice widget to have, but hardly essential, and I'm only interested in buying one if it is cheap cheap cheap. I know you get what you pay for, but it is my philosophy that when it comes to consumer electronics, given the perpetual downward pressure on prices, cheap as chips stuff is often the way to go. It's worked well for me over the years with CD players, TV's etc. Especially for low priced items, I treat them as throwaways once the 12 month warranty is over, but they tend to keep steaming on for a few years, since they usually come out of the same factory as the name brands.

So with that in mind, I wonder if anybody has any experience of the BenQ 2300 digital camera. My research tells me 2.1MP is more than adequate for my limited requirements, the price is right, (AUD250), it runs on AA batteries, and I even get a 64mb card thrown in.

Sounds OK to me, anybody have anything to add?

Ausatco
24th Apr 2003, 22:24
G'day Binos,

Without duplicating your research, at first glance I'd say it's probably a good deal. Depends on what the features are, but 64Mb card included is a good start. I bought a 4.1 megapixel, 64Mbcard, 3Xoptical zoom, 2X digital, for $700 last year and am very happy with the deal and the camera. Given the downward movement in technology prices I'd say you're on track.

As an aside, I'd go for more megapixels if the option is available and you can afford it - it's worth it. I can get photo quality 80cm x 60cm poster sized pics straight off the camera. Fabulous.

AA