PDA

View Full Version : Misionary flying in Africa

fernando717
24th Apr 2003, 08:44
Hi I am looking for information regarding misionary flying oportunities in Africa or anywhere else, I would apprecciate any info of somebody that have flown for them. I have 1000 TT and FAA licenses but I am not from U.S.

Thanks
[email protected]

Basil
24th Apr 2003, 22:13
I was offered a missionary position in the Mambo Village Disco in Mombasa once ;)

Apologies, Fernando, I was just too weak to resist being facetious.
Seriously, I hope you are successful in obtaining flying work. Remember you're on your own (subject to religious beliefs) and look out for terrain, wx, fuel, strip obstructions, maintenance etc. etc.

My names Turkish
24th Apr 2003, 22:25
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86706

FMS (BN2A Islander/ Cessna 182 Missionary Pilots - Philippines)
P.O. Box 7255, DAPO Domestic Road Pasay City, Philippines
Tel: (0632) 831-1123
Fax: (0632) 831-1123
An Evangelical Christian Mission Organization is seeking Missionary Pilots for Asia, Philippines to fly the BN2A Islander and Cessna 182. The work would entail Christian mission work such mercy flights, medivacs and air ambulance. Additional work would include maintenance and office support. Minimum requirements an FAA Commercial Single and Multi Engine Instrument. A CFI or CFII would be a plus but not required. We will provide training to qualified individuals. The mission is a non profit organization being supported by individuals or groups.

I don't know if you saw this its in the D&G Aircrew notices, a starting point at least. The same charity also operate in Africa. they have a website. A search should turn it up.

fernando717
26th Apr 2003, 00:16
Turkish,

Thanks a lot for the info, same to Basil, you are excused too, JAJAJA.
Turkish, sorry I am relatively new in pprune so the last few days I have been looking in the wrong place for the info. I didn't know what D&G was, now I know.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance for you guys.

Basil I know it is dangerous to be flying misionary, but at the moment I have no alternative and is better than not to be flying, it really goes against you if you don't fly in a long time.

Hopefully the industry might start getting better in the next year.

Fernando:ok: :ok:

dicksynormous
26th Apr 2003, 19:31
MAF or missionary aviation fellowship (magendo air force if you speak swahili) are always looking and the ipa in uk have their details. try ipapilot.com.

ususally png or east africa. need to be a happy clapper if its going to work for you. all bone domes and bibles. didnt used to like left footers (papists) but may have changed. still if its your thing , karibu.

safari njema

My names Turkish
26th Apr 2003, 21:10
Fernando,
Your right I think its the most ridiculous name for a forum. I didn't know what it meant until a native of OZ told me. Why can't they just call it the Australia forum, answers on a post card?
Glad I could help. Please stay safe and don't get yourself into an unsafe situation. Keep us updated.

Agaricus bisporus
27th Apr 2003, 03:02
Couldn't all you interfereing God-bothering busybodies please leave the poor benighted heathens alone?

Their religions are at least as good and valid as your own, and arguably much, much more so as they don't usually try to ram theirs down our throats with specious threats about "damnation" or "salvation". Shame, shame, shame on you!

My names Turkish
27th Apr 2003, 04:21
Holy smoke Batman!

Just to clarify a few points from my side of the court. Religon plays not even the smallest part in my life. I don't know how it is for the others on this thread, but the only reason that I am interested in these organizations is because I am that desperate to get a job and build hours. It might be hard for you to believe but some of us ARE that shallow. As far as I'm aware they don't hurt anyone neither are they involved in crime, therefore my conscience is clear. They are only looking for Pilots not Missionary workers.To turn this thread from a flying career possibility into calling people biggots is a bit much.

It is always dissapointing when someone gets onto a thread and rants and raves. It is even worse when the threads get closed because people start getting personal and questioning Religon. By all means make your Point thats what PPRuNe is for, but as someone said "play the ball not the player"

I apologise to the Moderators if I'm seen as interfering with their jobs, but I felt I had to make my position clear.

PPRuNe Pop
27th Apr 2003, 07:01
OK. I have edited Agaricus bisporus' post because he couldn't control his use of language. Resorting to referring to people in racist terms, and questioning their beliefs, is not open for discussion on PPRuNe.

However, it would seem that answers will be sought elsewhere on PPRuNe and D&G in particular. On that note I will close the thread.