PDA

View Full Version : Could it be? The 2 clowns making a wise choice?

Buster Hyman
23rd Apr 2003, 10:36
Have heard a whisper that Clown & Clown are finally shutting down AN heavy Maintenance on either the 2nd or 9th of May! All the tooling etc will be sold & perhaps even the base itself.

I guess, with the courtcase tying up the monies, they must have a cashflow crisis for their Administration business & hence the need to sell more of the farm!:suspect:

rmm
23rd Apr 2003, 11:06
I believe just the people involved in the returning of aircraft will be the ones to go. They are claiming they will still need approx 80 staff to run the 767 & 146 idle maintenance program.

Non core staff have been told 9th May.

There was talk a few weeks ago of the clowns actually buying the base and sub leasing to QF just like the Avalon/Linfox arrangement. The original TN hangar would become a pure heavy facility and the AN a line base.

Rmm

737 guru
23rd Apr 2003, 13:01
Ahhhh yes more fun under the big top......

QF have already made an offer for the base and were told to stuff off!!!!!! They will only take it now if they can have the whole lot. Perfect set up for a L/Maint operation one would think;) ;) ;)

Pimp Daddy
23rd Apr 2003, 13:59
80 people for the idle aircraft maintenance? :confused:

What are they going to keep a dedicated team for each idle aircraft?

Gurgle gurgle goes the money down the toilet.

Buster Hyman
23rd Apr 2003, 14:21
Gurgle gurgle goes the money down the toilet.

Then the 80 people unblock the toilet! Brilliant Pimp Daddy, you've figured it out!:sad: :( :suspect:

jupiter2
23rd Apr 2003, 18:06
Considering it ex-Ansett staff cash.....
does that mean we'll be shareholders?
Can I have my money now please...

sirjfp
23rd Apr 2003, 19:01
The two clowns can't be that hard up for cash. Read the social pages of last sunday's Melbourne Herald Sun . Had a picture of a couple of Melbourne's " beautiful people " enjoying a largish cocktail function to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of their M and M enterprise. Damn fine looking do it was too.

No prizes for guessing who ends up paying for that.

They are shouting cocktails and fine food to hangers on and I am eating fish and chips and drinking home brew!

These two are milking it for all it's worth. We'll end up with a few crumbs , they'll take the cake.

Fairly makes my blood boil .

I will be emailing them to register my protest. I hope all other ex ansett staff will too.

Buster Hyman
23rd Apr 2003, 20:47
...and do you laugh when you walk past an orphanage too Jan?

Thanks for your rhetoric, I'll pass it on to all of the former staff....oh....except for the ones that have topped themselves of course!:*

Rich-Fine-Green
23rd Apr 2003, 21:37
What a discrace!.

The two clowns can't be that hard up for cash. Read the social pages of last sunday's Melbourne Herald Sun . Had a picture of a couple of Melbourne's " beautiful people " enjoying a largish cocktail function to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of their M and M enterprise. Damn fine looking do it was too.

And to think - these A$$holes have spent considerable time chasing AN F/As for bar floats and then have the gore to put on a bash celebrating 1 year of riding the gravy train.

TheNightOwl
24th Apr 2003, 07:58
For your sake, Big Jan, I hope we never meet after I find out who you are, I am not possessed of Buster's politeness. Your post was offensive, as well as unnecessary - most of us have found work since the demise of our company. In my case, not the work for which I trained, nor that I enjoy, but it pays the bills.
AN was never a gravy train, we worked for our pay. Good pay, admittedly, but only because of penalty rates for the anti-social hours we worked, and to have our lives decimated by the actions of a few was, and is still, unacceptable. Hence the anger and on-going bitterness, which is not likely to lessen in the face of arrogant ignorance displayed by yourself and others of your ilk. If you cannot be constructive, for God's sake, as well as your own, SHUT YOUR HEAD!!!

If my reply incurs the wrath of the Woomeras, so be it!

TheNightOwl. :mad: :mad:

Gnadenburg
24th Apr 2003, 09:05
Big Jan

Thanks for your sentiments.

We know you're not on a gravy train. Virgin Blue! Halved the conditions of domestic airline pilots!

If your bitter and twisted over an Ansett knock back, don't take it personally, there ended up being some real mugs in recruiting.

Travelling Toolbox
24th Apr 2003, 11:52
Big Jan

Oh Dear:(

BJ - you're an arrogant SOB aren't you? How can you collectively condemn all those people?

You really are the ugly side of our industry and are taking up space.

Nothing to contribute but vitriol, then MOVE ON!!

You're not wanted here. :* :*

Z Force
24th Apr 2003, 12:54
Big Jan, why don't you go away, you impertinenent little sh1t head? You weren't even there, so what qualifications do you have to go shooting your mouth off on what you know so little about. YOU weren't there to see the incompetent management and their equally incompetent decisions were you? Don't go blaming the staff when Qantas pays almost identical to Ansett (and in some cases more). Do you see them in dire straights?

Ralph the Bong
24th Apr 2003, 13:01
Dear Jan, At the end of the day what you are 'worth' is determined by an offer of a salary and the employees acceptance of said offer. In my last year at Ansett, my total renumeration was about $130K as a B767 FO. This is an aeroplane worth about $80million and carries 220 odd pax. If I was 2nd in charge of of a paper clip factory that was worth the same amount and employed 220 people, the market would set my salary at a similar level. Note also that I have tertiary level of education (post grad.) My wife was in sales at Ansett, has a tertiary qualification in travel and made ~$45-50K. For this she worked 45-50 hours per week including weekend and night shifts. I dont see any of this as "snout in trough" level stuff. Tell us, do you think QF staff have a snout in the trough? After Ansett was sunk, I had a job within 2 days counting cars going thru an intersection. ($14ph) and then graduated to making beds and serving meals in an old folks home ($15ph). I worked back in GA for a short time and I and now on my 2nd contract flying B767s again. Losers? Ha! I don't think so. Ansett didn't employ losers! Most staff (at all levels) that I met an Ansett were the most swiched on and professional people that I have encountered in any employment situation. Of the 850 Pilots, over 530 are now employed as tech. crew worldwide. Not bad going seeing as how the industry has contracted since 11/9. Consider also that there were many who were close to 60 y.o. and decided to retire(~100). As for "Gods", yeah, maybe some. However, the culture of Ansett was such that most did their job and went home without any bulls hit in between. I have met "Gods" in GA and QF and just about everywhere. How many at where you work? One or two I'll bet. The ex Ansett staff that I have remained in contact with have largely moved on. Many have some bitterness about what happend but it doesn't interfere with our day-to-day lives; I cant speak for all , but, most have just got on with life. As for Clown & Clown, we are all waiting on monies that we are LAWFULLY entitled to. Please feel free to Priv. Message me if there are any aspects of Ansett that you wish to know more of.

Buster Hyman
24th Apr 2003, 21:02
(Post is now irrelevant) :ok:

Buster Hyman
24th Apr 2003, 21:31
Silverforky (nee BigJan) Wow! You must be a legend on your Ouiji board, how insightful of you.

If you must insult me, spell my name right please. Remember, two hands on the keyboard at all times.:D

Ahhh...the swift & powerfull hand of Woomera wipes the slate clean.:)

Now, back to the grown ups......:ok:

Z Force
25th Apr 2003, 12:20
Woomera, sorry about the outburst but that twit really got up my nose.

puff
25th Apr 2003, 14:09
Another rumour I heard going around the traps was that the owners of the 727s flying in OZ made an offer for the 5 original 767s to convert them over to freighters, higher capacity than the 727s, quieter all for the same fuel burn. Apparently their offer wasn't good enough and M and M rejected it....seems pretty strange to reject ANY offer for those aircraft when they can only survive in Oz or a 3rd world country cause the 3 to 2 crew conversion wasn't an approved FAA mod. Love to see what ML airport charges on a weekly basis for parking too....

EPIRB
25th Apr 2003, 14:39
I heard the same thing and also that the 727 operator made an offer on the maintenance hangars (along with Qantas too) but was turned down. You have to wonder why with all that's happening with all of the newer (than AN 767's) aircraft grounded and available world wide. Who else is going to want to buy the hangars?

puff
25th Apr 2003, 16:06
Yes well....no 767s and no hanger leaves Mr Marks with no cash cow to milk for eternity.......why will they ever be in a hurry to sell the 767s or the hanger for anything other than top dollar.....they really should be answerable to such decisions.

cognac
25th Apr 2003, 16:33
It is interesting seeing the quoted numbers. Nothing will be deceided untill the next meeting on 01 May 2003.

Buster Hyman
27th Apr 2003, 21:31
Well, what a suprise that that meeting hasn't been loudly advertised....I say we set up a Pprune stand & grab as many proxies as we can!!!!

Rich-Fine-Green
28th Apr 2003, 07:57
Off Topic:

I would have thought the NZ government should have at least considered 2 x 737s or 2 x 767s for Comrade Helen's Red Air Force.

Either type is already well supported in NZ and the NZ taxpayer could have benifited with a possible low-cost aquisition.

Moreover, the much needed $$ could have helped those in need from the ex-NZ owned AN.

Then again, AN admin has to want to sell..... it's not really in the best interest of the two Marks to sell off the fleet too early is it?.

Instead of 60 minutes TV B.S. of a stupid girl from Rockampton and the daughter of a long-dead rocker that sings off-key......

I would have thought a follow up on the AN debarcle would make better TV. A CLOSER look at the two Marks would make for an interesting 60 minutes story. Throw in a backgrounder on the greedy TESNA bid (and the L.FOX interview last week) and you have all the drama, conspiracy, corruption and politics that make for a typical 'tabloid' 60 minutes story.

cognac
29th Apr 2003, 16:12
The meeting is between the company and the unions involved. The numbers will be determined by AAES and given to IMS. IMS will then tell the unions which department and how many. Nothing to get paranoid about.

Buster Hyman
30th Apr 2003, 11:32
Apologies cognac...I thought you meant a creditors meeting.

TIMMEEEE
30th Apr 2003, 19:04
Why dont these two clowns just do a god-damned fire sale and sell to the highest bidder on the day...........oh thats right..........its much more "cost effective" to draw this thing out and line their own god-damned pockets.

So much for "attempting to represent the creditors by attempting to obtain the best possible price for asset sales".

Me thinks if one of the former 16,000+ ex employees sees them in a car park on a dark night then it wont be a pretty sight.

Eastwest Loco
30th Apr 2003, 20:24
Uhhh - back to an earlier post from puff.

Freedom of Information should be able to enable us to extract info re offers for the 767 fleet.

A 762 on the world market these days has the same value as my 1987 Pintara wagon.

If there was an offer of any kind on the table, it should have been grabbed. Anything above scrap cost is a positive, and from an ex employees point of view,it would be nice to know the girls did not end up as parts for the kid down the block's Hyundai.

We still hold $6000.00 plus of AN ticket sales, having paid back the flown revenue. This is the unearned, and we wait for a decision. It is considered a fairly good thing that no court will dare not order the money back to the Admin, but be sure of one thing.

I will be deducting all our losses from refused credit cards and several hundred hours of unpaid work by myself and paid work by my staff trying desperately to get our passengers home or to their destination.

M and M enterprises has emerged as the biggest leach in Australian corporate history and I do not know one Airline or Travel Industy person who does not totally despise them and how they have managed to whittle away the entilements of those that should have received what they were owed first.

They are not aviation industry people, but they sure as hell know how to shag over aviation people.

Rot in hell M and M.

It is time your behaviour and handling was made totally transparent.

Our AN mates deserve much better.

EWL

SmoothCriminal
3rd May 2003, 08:46
Does anyone know what happened at the May1 meeting !! I understand it was a meeting between the company and the unions.
Any strong decisions made at all ?!?!

Cheers in advance

Smoothie:cool: :cool:

gaunty
3rd May 2003, 10:22
Roll on the Royal Commission, it'll have to be a Federal one as the Labour States would not come out looking all that good.:(

Ralph the Bong
3rd May 2003, 12:49
There wil never be a Royal Commision,mate. Although there should be. The problem for the Federal govt. is that their role in conspiring with other patries to sink Ansett forever will come out. They wont come out looking to good either.

Eastwest Loco
3rd May 2003, 14:30
Gaunty

Mate - there will never be a Royal Commission as the destination of the AB (Ansett Bailout) tax monies that we are still ripping off passengers at an enormous rate may actually become public.

I would suggest that there ae many Government and non Government bodies that would do anyting to kep that info from the public.

Best all

EWL

Buster Hyman
3rd May 2003, 17:33
Gaunty, as much as I'd love to see one, it just wont happen.

However, if it does eventuate, don't do it on Ansett only, how about one for the last 15 years or so....they'll make a movie out of it if it ever happened!!!:eek: :eek: