View Full Version : New Headsets?

jamierwilliams
23rd Apr 2003, 03:32
Can anybody make any recommendations about headsets?

It is time to replace my current headset and I would like any advise that will aid me!

Thanks,
J@mie

Airking
23rd Apr 2003, 14:20
Jamie,
for which type of aeroplane ?
We use Sennheisers, the big "closed"ANR one´s in our KingAir (HMEC 200) I believe, and open non - ANR in our CJ.
Both are really good IMO.
Airking

rick1128
27th Apr 2003, 22:25
I have used Telex ANRs for several years and will not change. For propeller aircraft I use the Telex ANR, works great even in MU2s and Metroliners. And in the jets I use the telex Airman ANR 500. There is a major difference in the noise level when you turn them on. Its like reducing the work day by a couple of hours.

rubberduck
28th Apr 2003, 04:10
Tell me what type of flying/aircraft etc. you will fly and I can suggest a couple of headsets which you can trial for free if you so wish..

NinjaBill
28th Apr 2003, 04:54
Hi there,

I have just started flying, and am leaning in a pa28. The headsets provided by my club are rubbish, and so im looking to buy my own. What would you recomend?

Thanks

NB

topcat450
30th Apr 2003, 05:12
In a noisey spam-can...I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dave Clarks....I have two HC10-40s and 1 DC13.4. All with Gel Seals (which I think is the single biggest comfort aid going) and they're all fantastic. All bought off ebay too for decent prices.

Hope it helps...PM me if you have any more questions.

Tired TopCat