PDA

View Full Version : Frasca 142 where and how much?

Jockflyer
9th Feb 2001, 23:04
Hi Guys,

Finished my CPL/IR in Oct ober and haven't flown since, except a week in a tristar sim for MCC. Does anyone know of a Frasca sim or any other sim within 2-3 hrs drive from Glasgow. ie anywhere in Scotland or Northern England.

Alternatively, has can anyone give me their experience of how good Microsoft FS2000 on the PC is for brushing up your IR skills. I suspect my scan and ADF interpretation has gone to pot!

Cheers

low flyer
10th Feb 2001, 00:26
Tayflite at Perth told me they're getting one any time now. I assume it's going to be set up for a Senecca, and would expect them to be charging about £120 - £150 an hour. You can get all the details on (01738) 550003.

Hope this helps.

seadog
10th Feb 2001, 14:24
I've just passed the sim check for BRAL and Microsoft 2000 was definitely the best thing to practise on (the sim for the check was nothing like a Frasca.) I was also looking for something north of the border and also heard about Tayside getting a sim soon.
JF were you at SFT?

low flyer
23rd Feb 2001, 12:37
I was up at Perth last week to renew IR and ME. The sim is definitely coming and should be fully approved by the middle of March.

(And excellent intruction too - thanks Fiona)