PDA

View Full Version : TBB?

T_richard
22nd Apr 2003, 22:37
NM you may be all of those things but I like you anyway:p

Does anyone have a clue as to what TBB's problem is? Is it menopause, PMS, hemorrhoids, warm beer, .............what:confused:

northernmonkey
22nd Apr 2003, 23:03
Childish and puerile yes..............but not a septic:D :cool:

And just because you like me doesn't mean we'll take long strolls in the park or shower together:yuk:

T_richard
22nd Apr 2003, 23:05
Okay someone clue in the dumb Yank about the "septic" reference or is this a misuse of the word by undereducated Old Europeans

sprucemoose
22nd Apr 2003, 23:23
Cockney slang; septic tank = yank

T_richard
23rd Apr 2003, 00:13
..........Cockney slang; septic tank = yank:} jeeze is that the best you could do?

Is GB really the ancestral home of some of the most significant contributions to great literature in the history of humanity or .... is it just warm beer, bad food and awful cigs?

opso
23rd Apr 2003, 01:13
Our beer's warm so that you can enjoy the flavour. That's why your beer is served so cold. ;)

T_richard
23rd Apr 2003, 02:01
Opso

You won't get any argument from me on the relative merits of our beers, many of my friends who spent extended periods in BG came home with tales of beers fit for the gods. But nobody gets the "warm" part. Ihave you discovered refrigeration yet? Its a big white box with a door on the front, stands against the wall in your kitchen, you know the place where you unwrap the fish and chips. Anyway the box makes a humming sound if you stand close to it, open the door, put a couple of brewskis on the shelf inside, close the door and wait about an hour. Open the door and "voila" the beer is about 42 degrees F or 5.5 C. Next week we'll discuss central heating:E

saudipc-9
23rd Apr 2003, 03:13
Cockney slang?? I thought the term "sepo's" came from down under??
By the way T_richard I was on exchange with the USAF for a couple of years and from what I remember about the beer in the US it that it all looks and tastes the same but has a dozen different labels! Rather like Duff beer, Duff Dry and Duff Light. I'm sure you've seen the Simpsons episode:p

T_richard
23rd Apr 2003, 03:45
Hi saudipc-9

Where were you stationed?
Actually no I have not watched a lot of "The Simpsons" I am told I am missing something, must check it out.

************ALERT*************
For all of you who want to slag American beer. Please note, you'll get No , I repeat , No argument from me. But if we got the beer right then we'd be perfect and what fun is that;) ;)

I thought this thread was being closed, Hey Mod, delete the first entry and lets continue the rant on English food and warm beer that must taste like p*ss Wadda say:ok:

Opps just looked at the topic starter, how'd I get there, goodonya Mr. Mod

Ozzy
23rd Apr 2003, 04:16
But we can look to the Emerald Isle (no, not Monserrat) for a great beer, served chilled, viz:

The CEOs of Anheuser Busch, Coors, and Guiness were attending a trade conference. At the end of the day they retired to the bar, the waitress asked "what'll ya have?". The CEO from AB orders a Bud, the chief of Coors orders a Coors Lite, and the boss at Guiness orders a coke. The other two look at him in astonishment. "Well," he says, "if you chaps are not drinking beer tonight, then niether am I." :ok:

Ozzy

saudipc-9
24th Apr 2003, 04:53
I was down in Randolph AFB in San Antonio. Loved it down there and really enjoyed the flying. The river walk also saw quite a bit of patronage from me:rolleyes:
I must admit that there were a few micro breweries in San Antonio who made a half decent brew, not to mention the Texas gals:E Yummmmm!!

T_richard
24th Apr 2003, 10:24
micro brewries are still a big deal in the US, I wish saudipic had a better report on our modest efforts to match your taste buds.

Still doesn't excuse the god awful attempt are cuisine that is common in the UK:p Ya knoe if you cross the channel and spend some euros you can take a cooking class at some pretty good schools.:= It couldn't hurt, LORD how it couldn't hurt:D

10forcash
29th Apr 2003, 02:11
That is from the country that puts beef in its hamburgers and ketchup with everything, by the way, do you still get those quaint little cards with "Don't drink with the brits, don't gamble with the brits, dont fight with the brits - you WILL lose"??