PDA

View Full Version : lan chile?

teapoo
22nd Apr 2003, 19:22
a question about lan chile

gday. i am about to start a military carrer with the australian defence force. i have the airfoce as my preference but i also am interested in flying the eurocopter attack helicopter with the australian army. as my girlfreind is a ballet dancer in chile and a chillean national i would love to someday live and work in chile. if i have a military background and training,with high performance helecopter time would a company like lan chile look at me. my spanish would have to improve but quantas takes ex army helo pilots so i was wondering if a south american airline like lan chile would to. thankyou for your time, i hope someone can be of assistance.
reguards

teapoo

GlueBall
28th Apr 2003, 04:28
LA has several N registered 76-3 freighters operated by Florida West (Cargo) crews out of MIA.

abuspilot
28th Apr 2003, 05:14
Travel Air

I didn't know you have to be an English teacher or a grammar wiz to post a question in this forum.

The other fellow may have to improve his grammar but you must improve your manners!

It was just a question not critical observation! This is one of the reasons why among the airlines pilot are consider the unfriendly friends for remarks like the one you make to the above individual. I hope that when your kids ask you for an advice you have more tactic and ethics. And don't worry any airline that needs you will accept you by your professionalism regardles of language!

Travel air your post Sucks:yuk: and please revised my spelling!:D

Travelair
28th Apr 2003, 08:10
Abuspilot

I said it in abit of good ole toung-in-cheek! Blaudy hail! No hard feelings! Thats why I put the little happy face...........

We pailots need nought be spellers!

And true, on a serious (personal) note, I do hope I do well with my children :)

Safe skies
T/air

edited I mispelled your username.:ok: :O :)

abuspilot
29th Apr 2003, 04:43
I blueit ...
Sorry! my miss understanding Happy landings you are a great pa' i can fell that...:D

Glonass
29th Apr 2003, 12:10
teapoo,

To answer your question: it all depends on when you'll be landing in Chile. For the next months it might not be a good moment to apply but eventually next year and on you might be lucky. We have a few chaps from other countries flying with us and even a boomer although I don't know his personal immigrant status.

Military training is well regarded here in Chile particularly in aviation so that would be a plus. Some flight time on a large transport plane wouldn’t hurt.

I hope it answer somehow your question.

Cheers,

teapoo
29th Apr 2003, 17:21
thanks Glonass.
it wouldnt be for a few years yet. i was just asking the question because i have to decide between choppers in the army and airforce. i spent some time in chile last year and loved the place. it felt like home. and i would love to make it my place of work in the future.
as for my spelling. it has not always been my strongest point. it has been pointed out to me a few times before on pprune. thank god someone invented maths.
anyways cheers and thanks for all of your help.

teapoo

GlueBall
2nd May 2003, 05:02
Beautiful country, but SCL is a pollution health hazard, especially in winter. :(

kmikc
9th Aug 2003, 11:32
hi i'm new in this forum and i'm form chile if you want to work in lan chile come on many of the pilots in lan chile are ex-military pilots form fach (chilean air force) and when they enter to the airline they began to fly the 767 if you want more info about lanchile or my country contact me at [email protected] well that's all (excuse my english:O plz)