PDA

View Full Version : Crewing System

Don Esson
21st Apr 2003, 21:29
As there are quite a few stand alone crewing systems available, I'd be quite interested to read what contributors think of the system/s they have actually experienced - particularly AIMS versus Geneva. Is there any truth in reports that Geneva is losing some of its customer base? If true why is this?

peapod
22nd Apr 2003, 00:20
Heard that BMED had it but ditched it for AIMS because it was rubbish, rumour has it one day it worked then the next it did not, crew were p******d O** with it, did not do what they had been told it would do, try speaking to them I am sure they will fill you in on the details.

JB007
24th Apr 2003, 02:25
I think it comes down to money, I've used AIMS for many years and i'm presently using RM - both are very very good (in their own ways!) but both are very expensive. I don't think you can really compare AIMS with Geneva...

I've had a demo of Geneva, basically because I couldn't believe the price they were offering it to us for, and basically - you do get what you pay for.

Saying that - Astraeus seem very happy with it, have a search back a few days - CrashDive Of AEU has written an IT comparison from an AIMS v Geneva point of view.

SFG
24th Apr 2003, 18:11
I hear that SITA are building a completely new system - not too expensive either!!!

Apparently it can be an additional module to their Ops Control system to give a complete single system for Ops and Crewing or bought as a standalone.

Could be worth contacting them.

Buster Hyman
24th Apr 2003, 21:48
Well, it would have to be better than AirCrews! What a shocker! Maybe SITA took a few of my tips onboard?;) :p

crundale
24th Apr 2003, 23:40
Have to put in a good word for Acrobat. Much cheaper than AIMS / RM and much better. Support is excellent as it is based here in England - one phone call gets things fixed / changed almost immediately, and very simple system. Better than Geneva too. Nothing flash, but solid, reliable and it works!

SFG
29th Apr 2003, 20:36
Buster Hymen

Surely AirCrews is from Sabre NOT SITA....

Buster Hyman
30th Apr 2003, 14:50
Ooops! := Bit of a brain typo there! Sabre, of course!:O :O :O

Grabber
1st May 2003, 05:48
Sabre AirCrews? What does it do?

Monkey_Breath
3rd May 2003, 15:45
Crundale, are you on drugs? ACROBAT is cheap, but you get what you pay for as it is very limited.

Grabber. Aircrews does everything, only not very quickly and not at the same time. It is probably the most expensive system on the market and by no means the best.

Court is still out on AIMS vs RM. If you speak to 5 different people you will get 5 different answers. At the end of the day it will probably depend upon the bean counters. Both are pretty decent systems

crundale
4th May 2003, 05:44
Dear Mr Breath,
Being on drugs during the first week of this particular summer season would have been a good idea now I think of it....
But I'm not and I stand by every word about Acrobat. Yes its cheap, but it works very well. Have you used it in the last few months? A lot of good improvements - especially the ones I thought of......
And its a tenth of the cost of AIMS or RM - think of all the extra money your directors could share with that. I'm sure they would give you a cut.