PDA

View Full Version : Go to the BA FB again!

left outer, right inner
9th Feb 2001, 14:35
Did anyone else from the testing day on the 5th Feb?

I will be writing a nice big post soon about the aptitudes at BA, so please do not all bombard me with e-mails about it, unless of course they are very specific to you!!

Keep in there everyone, and all the best to you all,

LORI

Token Bird
9th Feb 2001, 15:01
I knew you'd do it! I haven't picked up my post yet today,

Token Bird

left outer, right inner
9th Feb 2001, 15:24
Hi token bird...that must be making your day go soooo slowly then, not having picked up your post yet! I am sure that you too will be a happy girly!

Let me know asap!

LORI

grace
10th Feb 2001, 01:12
im desperately trying to figure out who you guys are but im really glad you made it through too...
grace

left outer, right inner
10th Feb 2001, 03:05
Grace...hello!

Thankyou very much for your congratulations!
Why are you trying to figure out who we are, were you there too on the 5th?

Just wondering! Are you applying too or have you applied or what lol :-)

LORI

[This message has been edited by left outer, right inner (edited 09 February 2001).]

Mister Geezer
10th Feb 2001, 14:18
Once again well done LORI and nice one grace.. glad to hear you made it as well!!!

Token Bird.. have you heard anything yet?

MG

------------------
It's a limited RAS as you approach my dark area.......

left outer, right inner
10th Feb 2001, 15:37
Thanx Mister Geezer.
I am sorry to hear your news. Can/will you apply next year? I hope you can! You defintitely have what it takes. Happy flying!!!!

LORI

Mister Geezer
10th Feb 2001, 16:31
Thanks for those inspirational words LORI!!!! :)

Yes I could apply next year and a few years after that as well...however I am going to do it the hard way and end up paying for it myself.

MG

------------------

grace
11th Feb 2001, 00:20
LORI
yes i was there on the 5th (green suit dark hair)
Mister Geezer
sorry you didnt make it...try again next year...i will be after failing the FB :)

If anyone remembers rob he didnt make it either http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

left outer, right inner
11th Feb 2001, 00:32
Grace!

Are you the one with the 'internet' friend? that we were probing you about? (oo eer)

Well done on your success, and look forward to starting on a course with you soon, hopefully. We have to pull out all the stops now for FB, but we CAN all do it!

Congrats again, and go get pi55ed now lol :-)

LORI

grace
11th Feb 2001, 00:50
yep....(email on its way)

left outer, right inner
12th Feb 2001, 23:26
Token Bird, you there?

Just wondering what has happened to you?
Have you found out yet? Please let me know either way!
PLEASE!
LORI

fatalist
12th Feb 2001, 23:38
Hey folks....
My pprune debut.

Glad to hear you guys made it too.
What happened MG?!

I did manage to get a slightly later flight since I missed my scheduled one. Sounds promising for a potential career as a pilot eh?!

See you soon
F

left outer, right inner
12th Feb 2001, 23:57
Hi Fatalist!

Who were you again? Were you drinking export at T1 when all the taps went dry? And did we go to the toilet together ooo eerrrr!!!

(please note: The above comment is for amusement and identification purposes. In NO way is this comment to be taken out of context, and to slander my name even though this is an annonymous forum!! hehehe)

I can't think how else to indentify you without giving your identity away!

Did you kake it through to the final board then?
Let me know via here, or e-mail!!

Cheers LORI

fatalist
13th Feb 2001, 00:01
Indeed we did go to the toilet together.
Hell, girls are allowed to.

Fatalist

left outer, right inner
13th Feb 2001, 00:02
Ooops!

Didn't read the 'did you guys make it TOO' bit, so my question is already answered! Thats english comprehension for ya!

E-mail me anyway Fatalist! lol
LORI

left outer, right inner
13th Feb 2001, 00:09
Fatalist!
I am so glad you made it too mate! I had a great time at the pub afterwards with all you chaps, it was so funny talking about 'the internet freind' etc hehe Sorry Grace!. A great group of people though don't you think!

It would be great if we all got onto the same course together, if we all made it through of course!
I keep remembering those sweet words.. 'we are in great need for pilots!'

Did you celebrate big time when you found out?

LORI

fatalist
13th Feb 2001, 00:14
LORI!
Email on its way/there now!
Indeed it was a great atmosphere throughout the day and in the pub too. Fingers crossed for the next stage.
I'm going into super info-absorbing mode. I'm not going to miss out through lack of knowledge for the company, dammit!
Fatalist

grace
13th Feb 2001, 00:57
excellent im glad you made too fatalist
i met such a great group of people on the 5th its a shame some didnt make it...still we'll all have a fantastic time if we all make it through (fingers crossed)...im up for some serious group revision if anyones up for it
ps i think we can drop the internet guy references now dont ya think ;)

CossAir
13th Feb 2001, 02:13
Hi all, its nice to meet some fellow Wannabes. I was at Cranebank on the 5th and they sent me an A4 envelope too! :)

Have any of you lucky ones any idea how long it takes to get a date set for the FB?

CossAir

Mister Geezer
13th Feb 2001, 04:28
Really pleased to hear that you all made it through! Must keep in touch!!!!

I really enjoyed that pint in T1 afterwards. Shame I had to rush off and get my flight!!!!

I don't know what went wrong exactly but I have a pretty good idea :) :)!!!! I am definitely going to pay for it myself!!!!! (Course is booked!) That was the contingency plan anyway and things are shaping up nicely!!!!

All the best!

MG

------------------

Token Bird
13th Feb 2001, 13:53
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been AWOL for a while. I only received my letter yesterday (picked it up at 11 pm after having been at the filming for the first episode in new 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks' series - not that I'm bragging).

Anyway, 'twas good news. I'm going to call BA later to see if I can get out of filling in the medical questionnaire since I have a Class 1 already,

Good luck everyone who got to FB. Might see you there. Mr.Geezer - good luck with your Plan B,

Token Bird

left outer, right inner
13th Feb 2001, 14:32
I knew you you would do it too!!

Just wondering if I could be let off the medical if I have a class 2 medical...worth a try I guess.

Congratulations TB, and may cya at the FB!

LORI

Token Bird
13th Feb 2001, 15:22
Just talked to BA - I have to fill in the form, even though I have a class 1, so they won't let you off with a class 2,

Token

left outer, right inner
13th Feb 2001, 16:24
Oh!

Thanx for letting me know.

LORI

ABZ no.2
13th Feb 2001, 18:31
Congrats to all you Guys and Girls. I sat and passed the apts on 22/1 and have F.B on 15/3, I think that you people are probably looking at some time in April? Hopefully I shall meet up with you all sometime in the near future. Can I pass on best wishes to Mister Geezer, I agree with LORI, Mister Geezer you do have what it takes and I am sure that with your ability and determination you will succeed.
N.B All advice and info with regards to F.B gratefully received.

RevStar
13th Feb 2001, 20:24
ABZ no.2,

Email me regarding F.B. - I'll see you there!

RS.

Mister Geezer
13th Feb 2001, 20:42
Thanks ABZ no.2 for those very kind words!!!

Hope you have recovered from last Friday and once again thanks for the food at a certain airport café!!!!! :) :)

MG

------------------

Speedbird 2946
13th Feb 2001, 22:45
For your info guys, BA require you to do a pre-medical form, AND a British Airways Medical Examination at Gatwick Airport... regardless of what medical ratings you have already. Current holders of Class 1s will obviously not have to redo the exam at Aviation House.. but the rest will. Both medicals (BA and CAA) are done on the same day where possible.

E-mail me if you fancy a chat about FB...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!

Speedbird 2946

AMS
14th Feb 2001, 00:38
Hi Guys,

Great ..alot of you made it through the aptitudes!! Well Done and those that did not please don't let it hinder you persistance pays off!!

Hope it does for me..When I applied last year I worked hard for it but messed up at the aptitudes..now I am about to do my PPL in the States and have a Class 1..and I am about to apply again shortly..could any of you mail me or post here as to what type of questions were there, and any strategies you used.

I felt that I could answer all the questions but not quick enough, and also found that I had become a calculator bod! I have now become faster ..

All advise would be appreciated!!

Thanks

AMS

The Greener Grass
18th Feb 2001, 21:03
Well done TB. Best of luck in FB. It is quite a challenge, but I am sure you will do well. Just a bit of advice - be really careful during the group excercise - do not underestimate the importance of it.

left outer, right inner
18th Feb 2001, 21:29
Hi TGG!
How's life? Thanx for the warning about the group exercise, it is much appreciated!

Did you succeed in your application to BA? I seem to remember talking to you via e-mail sometime ago :-)

Have you started the course yet (if the answer is yes to the above) and how are you finding it? I bet you are loving most bits of it hehe

All the best mate, LORI