PDA

View Full Version : crystal ball

wawoftam
21st Apr 2003, 18:50
I've heard from several sources that in the near future that the contracted airlines for the big Q may not be around much longer.
Does this mean that the bright sunshine that air connex has bathed in may be turning SUPER NOVA.
Integration with the lesser prop pilots and there substantial pilot numbers may not sound so stupid now. But the whats in it for me attitude may turn around and bite those responsible in the a^$e. Pity I know some good people this may affect.
Reap the whirlwind.
Interesting times ahead.
And remember this is a rumour network!!!!!!! ;)

Master of the House
21st Apr 2003, 18:53
I thought air connex was owned by Qantas, not contracted? I think those guys are quite safe.

Pimp Daddy
21st Apr 2003, 19:28
QF bought Impulse/Air Connex a long time ago, it was on the news, you may have missed it.

NJS are the contractor.

Not that working for a subsidiary airline gives any degree of security, ask the Southern 146 crew.

wawoftam
21st Apr 2003, 20:18
Contracter was the wrong wording. Are all the 717's leased? And can air connex shut shop overnight, if the flying can be carried out by underutilised mainline aircraft. Food for thought!:ok:

Jeteffo
24th Apr 2003, 18:08
Yes, I agree with Pimp Daddy, don't get too comfortable everybody there is no security anymore....Not even when they build BIG hangars!!!

BTW how are all the Southern crews these days?

hoss
25th Apr 2003, 09:41
Last I heard was that November will be an interesting month!

Though the Southern Crew have security/seniority in that they can downtrain onto the Dash 8.

hoss