PDA

View Full Version : Typical Timetable

David Johnson
9th Feb 2001, 05:19
Hi,
I was wandering whether anyone on a BA TEP course could post a typical timetable.

I understand that cadets can be sent to either Michigan or Oxford. Is it the case that if you are chosen to go to Oxford for example - then you would do the majority of your training there whereas if you were chosen to go to Michigan you would do the majority there, or is there a sort of "switch around" if you see what I mean?

I know that the course lasts for approximately 54 weeks but was wandering where the training takes place for different stages and for how long.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

------------------
[email protected]
ICQ41344326

Barney
9th Feb 2001, 13:41
Dave,

How goes it? Haven't seen you down at Seighford for a while.

I'm currently in the middle of the application process for BA, so I'll give all the info that I know.

Mid-Oct 2000: I sent in my application form
About 2 weeks later, got a letter telling me that my application was being considered.
End Nov: Got a letter asking me to call them with regards to progressing my application further. Invited to aptitudes end Jan 2001.

Got results of tests 3 days later. Then had to have medical form etc filled in by GP before they would fix a date for Final Board.

Some of the guys that were tested with me have their FBs on 8/15 March. I'm still waiting!

When you have had your FB, it is just a case of waiting for a space on a course. They said this could be anything from a few weeks to several months. The course lasts about 55 weeks. You then do a month long JOC (jet orientation course), after which they may offer you employment. If they do, you then do a type rating (may not be straight away), after which you do your line training, and then go on line.

They said, assuming no major hiccups, it would be about 18 months from starting the course to going on line. Including the testing, interview etc, it looks as though you are talking about 2-21/2 years from application to getting on line.

If you go to WM, I think you do ALL your training there. If you go to Oxford, you will have a 4 month stint in the US (currently Florida) to do you basic flying and hour building.

Hope you are OK. How did the RAF flying go.

Barney

[This message has been edited by Barney (edited 09 February 2001).]

David Johnson
9th Feb 2001, 17:18
Hi Barney,
It is great news that you have made it to the Final Board - congratulations, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Unfortunately I have not been to Seighford for quite a while now - I am in the South West at the moment doing a degree in Aero Eng at Cranfield.

The RAF Flying was hard work but great fun. Allowed me to do what I had always wanted to do and reinforced my ambition to fly.

Thanks for the information and I do hope that you will be following the timetable that you typed very soon.

Kindest Regards

------------------
[email protected]
ICQ41344326