PDA

View Full Version : bristol groundschool

long final
8th Feb 2001, 19:31
any comments regarding Bristols atpl distance course would be greatly appreciated.
Comparisons and other recommendations also appreciated. Thanks.

feetnkneestogether
8th Feb 2001, 20:39
I was considering the modular CPL / IR at Bristol myself........

Any helpful advice out there ? Past students ? Quality of training ? Jobs ?

Hot&Heavy
8th Feb 2001, 20:45
Have a look at their website - I think you'll be impressed.

www.bristol.gs (http://www.bristol.gs)

There is an info request form you can fill out. I put a question in there the other day just expecting an email in return, but two days later I received a full info pack in the mail including a CD-ROM which demonstrates their CBT portion of the course.

It's pretty well priced at £1900 - haven't seen cheaper yet.

Cheers, H&H

FlyingRower
8th Feb 2001, 21:30
I have just started Module 1 with Bristol. In all my dealings they have been very efficient.
The notes turned up the next day and are extremely high quality..which hopefully will make it easier to study !
The CBT is fairly comprehensive including a self testing package will I imagine will be very usefull when gauging your rate of retention and for revising.
As the two weeks revision are included in each module price I think it's the best value distance learning package I could find when I was looking around.
No complaints !

------------------

Evil Jethro
8th Feb 2001, 22:18
I am also on module 1 with Bristol and cannot speak highly enogh of them. Recently sent in my first lot of progress tests and thay came back very quickly, with fully worked explainations of all the questions I got wrong, plus the ones I had queried.

Full marks Mr Wittingham...keep it up

Jude
8th Feb 2001, 22:26
Did the CAA Tech brush up last year, tuition was excellent, wtith a pass in 5/6 first time. I was so impressed i've booked the Perf A course in March.

DesiPilot
9th Feb 2001, 08:04
Hi all,

I did my Tech brush up course with Bristol Ground school in October last year, I passed all 6 of the Technical subjects in November sitting. I also attended 4 weeks of Nav course.
I must say the standard and quality of the training was excellent. Thanks to Alex, Baz,Danny and Tom for the great instruction.
I would recommend the school to anyone. I really learnt alot from the Tech CD-ROM. Keep up the good work Alex and Noush :)

------------------
My mascot is a bumblebee. Because of its tiny wings and heavy body, aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly. But the bumblebee doesn't know that, so it flies anyway.

BTB
9th Feb 2001, 14:54
Bristol is an excellent choice. I went there having done almost no study and still got an excellent 76% in all my exams.

pjdj777
9th Feb 2001, 15:10
I've said it before here, a big thumbs up for Bristol

did the Navs by correspondance course and got through like a beauty

then did the Techs and tech crammer, and I was so confident sitting them, first time pass.

Then PerfA which was superb, can't fault it!

This was all CAA stuff, I can only assume that the JAA course material must be of the same high quality.

long final
9th Feb 2001, 16:27
thanks for the advice,

they look like a good choice - that or you all work there!! :)

Thnaks again

GulfStreamV
9th Feb 2001, 18:25
Bristol suggests between 3 to 6 months to complete each distance learning module - What is the typical time you guys took?, I was hoping to do it by say 2 months (With Hard Graft!) or would I be maxing out?

GV

BIK_116.80
9th Feb 2001, 20:18
I can highly recommend Alex, Baz and the silicon-augmented-princess at Bristol. Great people, great courseware, and they will get you through those silly exams.

Airborne Hamster
10th Feb 2001, 01:03
Sorry chaps,bit out of date.
The only dealings with Bristol . . .I've had were in Apr.'99 - Alex's Perf.A brush up at LGW.It's amazing how much he can teach you in two days.He has a natural ability to animate an extremely dull and quite difficult subject.I'd certainly recommend it.As for the other gnd school,I've no idea,but I bet it's as good.

OPS, I did it again!
10th Feb 2001, 23:38
Im doing Module 1 with Bristol at the moment. Got my first set of progress tests back in 3days!!!. Exellent outfit, cant fault them. An extremely fast, quality service.