PDA

View Full Version : Alteon

weewillywonker
20th Apr 2003, 03:43
Has anyone out there done a 737 type rating with these guys in the States and got the run down on the course? Ta

Clive
20th Apr 2003, 08:39
Try Premair in Seattle. I did an NG rating with them. They look after individuals very well using Alaska Airlines resources. Keenly priced too.

Jan O'brien is the lady to speak to. Her contact deatails below....

[email protected]

good luck.

The Baron
20th Apr 2003, 09:17
Alteon is the new name for Flight Safety Boeing and I did the 737NG course with them recently. I researched all the schools for months before I made my choice. They are dearer but definitely the most thorough. It all depends what you're after. Nearly all the schools except Alteon teach you to pass the check ride. If that's all you want, fine.
Alteon tailor the course to your experience but typically you would do 10 fixed base sim rides and 9 full flight sim rides of 4 hours each. Some of the instructors are from the Boeing test program while others have many years of either military or airline flying behind them. There are no dud instructors, they were all thorough professionals. It's a shame some of the airline training departments around the world can't match them. I'd rate em first and daylight second.