PDA

View Full Version : Bill Hobday - The final farewell.

Eastwest Loco
19th Apr 2003, 14:02
I have been asked to post the following details regarding Bill's final flight plan by his good mates (as we all were) Bill Mitton and Peter Smith.

On behalf of Kathy Hobday and family may we express their thanks for the very kind support from former colleagues of Bill's, now scattered Worldwide.

Our goal has nearly been achieved and he funds raised will certainly lighten the family's load in this time of grief.

Our thanks go to Woomera, the moderator of PPRuNe Dunnundah and Godzone for allowing the use of this excellent venue, and a very special thanks to Mr Terry O'Connell and his staff at the Australian Federation of Air pilots for the unrestricted use of his office and associated facilities.

Although it is now more than 13 years since many of the aircrew that we have had contact with have worked under the same "umbrella", my colleague and I were amazed at the very warm response and "can do" attitude shown by all to help a fallen mate.

This is indeed a credit to what can only be described as a very special bond that exists withing the aircrew culture.

Once again, thanks for your open and unconditional caring support.

Bill Mitton and Peter Smith.

Funeral details are as follows:

Wednesday 23 April
10 AM
Stella Maris
Oak St
Beaumauris VIC

Thence to Springvale Necropolis and afterwards at the Royal Victoian Aero Club, Moorabbin Airport

The Loco has said his goodbyes on the inside, but would someone please whisper "clear on one Billy" for me at Springvale?

Thanks to Pete and Bill for their sterling efforts.

EWL

Ron Knight