PDA

View Full Version : OATS or Jerez?

Multi Phil
8th Feb 2001, 05:44
Dear All,

I'm hoping that you’ll be able to help me. I've been looking at OATS for some time now and after a long struggle with the bank they will now let me have the funding for a Modular course at OATS going from PPL 150hrs to ATPL for the total sum of £31,000 not including living exp. or exams etc. Therefore totalling somewhere around £40,000+! The question has arisen because BAE sent me some info on a fully integrated course that would take account of my previous flying and include all living costs and exam fees (1st take) for around £45,000. So could someone please tell me which they would recommend, either by post or email, and it appears that BAE offer more flight hours and sim hours than OATS?

BAE: Warrior 118hrs(not taking acc of PPL hrs), Seneca 32hrs, 5hrs FRASCA 141, 40hrs FNPT2 and 16hrs MCC.

OAT: Warrior 40hrs(inc. PPL hrs), Seneca 15hrs, Single Synthetic 15hrs, Twin Synthetic 10hrs, MCC 20hrs.

Any advise / help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Phil

moggie
9th Feb 2001, 14:43
I believe the BAE deal is better value for money once you factor in the living costs at Oxford.

I suggest you try to get an "all inclusive" price from OATS and see how it compares. There are lots of grumbles about their pricing and anti-self-sponsored discrimination on this web site.