PDA

View Full Version : BSc (Hons) in Human Resource Management...

Murray_NN
7th Feb 2001, 01:57
Would you advise me to take on this course?
Purely because I find it easy and to fill the requirement to apply to BA Sponsored Cadet Scheme.

I have the options to take the following to compliment the above degree. Which do you think would be the most appropriate?

Marketing?
Business?
Psychology?

Thanks for your time!

7th Feb 2001, 02:45
If you are considering taking on a 3/4 year degree course just to fill BA's requirements, then I advise not choosing any course to compliment. Taking business aswell would increase workload massively, not an easy course. Psychology on the other hand.......

RVR800
7th Feb 2001, 14:51
Do something more vocational

Then if (like most people) you dont get into BA, you can then get cash to self-sponsor

Ferrari
7th Feb 2001, 14:58
I'm a Business student and I've just passed my Final Board, if that's any help.

Lucifer
7th Feb 2001, 15:52
Absolutely not. Do not do courses to fulfil what you think they want. EVER. Do what you enjoy as a subject at the moment. Human resources will not help you a bit for flying training. Go and do a proper economics/business degree or something like that, and don't do business at rubbish unis, as the courses really are often rubbish. Search FT for best business schools for undergraduate programs.

matt747
7th Feb 2001, 16:56
I think its important to do something that you enjoy as well as getting you ahead in the game.

If HRM is for you then great and if you do want to do it with something else, business management or something like that would be a good idea as far as BA is concerned (I think, I hope!).

What ever you decide, good luck!

Murray_NN
8th Feb 2001, 01:08
Thanks for your replies!

City University offer Bsc (Hons) in Air Transport Operations. The course is run in conjunction with one of the air training schools. OATS & Cabair. 2 yrs at the Uni and one year for the integrated course. Total of 3yrs. The obviouse advantage of this scheme is the degree. It costs around 12k for the degree and whatever the cost of the Ab-Initio.

Now the question: is it worth going for the degree course or spending the extra 12k to get a Flight Instructor's licence in order to build hours?