PDA

View Full Version : Spending a penny - captions ?

Flying Lawyer
17th Apr 2003, 16:23
from the New Zealand Herald Helicopter pilot's quick stop costs more than expected

A pilot's dash to spend a penny has cost a Queenstown helicopter company $1.5 million.

Glacier Southern Lakes general manager Pat West said the pilot left the new Eurocopter 120 running when he stopped to relieve himself at Mt Tutoko, near Milford, on his way to pick up two hunters. Looking back, he saw the helicopter skid along the ground before falling down a bank.

"It is pretty well totalled," Mr West said.

the wizard of auz
17th Apr 2003, 16:43
BUGGA!!!.

CRAN
17th Apr 2003, 18:10
I bet he drinks Castlemaine XXXX!
:D

sprocket
17th Apr 2003, 19:38
Now, let me get this right.

The pilot answered the call of nature but it was the helicopter that left skid marks? :hmm:

Happy Landing !
17th Apr 2003, 23:40
I bet the pilot was Pi**ed off as well as the machine !:{

Anthony Carn
18th Apr 2003, 01:30
"Horror accident - Helicopter pilot takes a leak and destroys his chopper !"

Floppy Link
18th Apr 2003, 01:46
Wasn't there the story about the 2 students on solo navex, one lands to have a pee and his aircraft falls down a ravine while he's away, other stude comes along and lands to investigate, while he's clambering down to the wreckage stude 1 returns, climbs in and flies off...

true or false? Dunno but a good story nonetheless

Rollingthunder
18th Apr 2003, 09:53
Strangely brings to mind the story of the new 40 foot camper motorhome buyer.

Trundling off down the highway after taking delivery, discovers the Cruise Control button. Presses it and goes off to the rear to brew a cup of coffee.

sycamore
19th Apr 2003, 02:20
Would have thought for $1.5m, a proper "p" tube would have been fitted.All of Auntie Betty`s had a nice chrome -plated one fitted-by the way do they now have bigger funnels ,and curtains for the girls?
Syc..;)

ppheli
19th Apr 2003, 04:00
sycamore
we're talking NZ $1.5M you know...

Rolling thunder
for me it brought back memories of the H500 in Portugal that after landing and shut down, the pilot got out and walked away but the rotor intertia and sudden change in AUW allowed it to take off unmanned and total itself that way!

tabdy
21st Apr 2003, 19:28
It is an old story and probably true - I believe they were "overseas" students and the discovery of the switch of aircraft was made when the Tech Log was being completed back at base and an engr questioned why the student was completing a different Tech Log to the one which matched his helicopter!