PDA

View Full Version : B737 FMC's hidden pages

gaga1976
17th Apr 2003, 14:51
Does anybody know how to get those hidden pages (Nearest Airport) on B737s FMC. I knew once, but managed to forget.

Thanks

dvt
17th Apr 2003, 23:12
Assuming you're on the NG and have at least revision 10.3

3 ways to get there....via the Alt Dest Page.
1. Init Ref (1R) Nearest APT
2. Rte Page (1L) My Favorite! Nearest Airport
3. App Ref (1R) Nearest APT

Have you ever tried to analyze one the nearest aiporrts in terms of Nav Aids and Runway length? It's quite a useful trick. It's done witht he Dep/Arr page. Lets' say you're flying over an airport and are curious about what it can offer you. Put the airport ID in 1R of the Dep/Arr and it'll show you what approaches and what runways are availible. Now you what to analyze some of these runways in terms of length.

Select Int Ref
Select Nav Data (1 L)
Input airport ID
Input Runway gives the length. Good to know.

To see your orientation with this runway quickly without modifying your route, since there's no Rte 2 page like the 767, use the fix page and put in the reciprocal of the runway in the box. Put a a 15 mile ring around the airport and add 5000 feet to the airport elevation. Then if you need to emergency descent into the this airport you've got some good SA (situational awareness) while your FO loads the route properly.

You can even pull this 15 mile fix off the FIX page (scratch pad) and put it into 3R on the VNAV DES page with an ALT figure in MSL to give you V/S pacing to the this fix. Nice handy tool. Takes some practice.

gaga1976
18th Apr 2003, 14:37
That doesn't look hidden.

What I meant was how to get it on FMCs where those prompts like ALT APRT are not available. It was showed to me once and the trick is to press something on both CDUs at the same time. I don't remember the FMC version (U5.x U7.x ...) as the company had many leased a/c with different versions.

However, I very much appreciate your effort

Gaga1976

woftam
18th Apr 2003, 16:33
gaga1976,
I think what you are looking for is:
Select a route offset on BOTH CDU's (say 20R)-Don't execute!
Erase BOTH together.
:ok:

gaga1976
18th Apr 2003, 23:43
I'm gonna try it tommorow.

Thanks

Self Loading Freight
19th Apr 2003, 01:05
But where's the hidden page with Space Invaders?

Achally... if you do this, are you still operating the thing in a certified mode?

R

woftam
21st Apr 2003, 20:39
gaga1976,
How did you go?
I know it works on our machines (update 10+).
No puff of smoke?
:D