PDA

View Full Version : Rnzaf 757

jungly
17th Apr 2003, 13:54
Oops!

It seems the RNZAFs 1st brand new "2nd hand" 757 has had a tug crash into it (in Canada)!

The 757 - on its delivery flight - was being towed for de-icing when the tug impacted under the nose fwd of the nose gear.

Helen-furher's private jet will be delayed...........how sad for her

:p

Rich-Fine-Green
18th Apr 2003, 03:28
Bah!, Capitalist, Imperialist trash.

I would have thought Comrade Helen would have been more comfortable in a Tupolev.

:}

nike
18th Apr 2003, 04:19
lol.

and I still cant find someone who voted for that crowd.

A shifty character the NZ PM.

Q. Helen is a guy right? Just like that fella from wairarapa? Georgina something-a-rather.

Kiwilad
27th Apr 2003, 19:22
saw the 727 doing its final flight out of wellington the other day, still an impressive sight, smoke and all.
any truth to the rumour that the rnzaf 727 on the ground at chc is there to stay for sale as is where is?? Has been there for a few weeks now??:ok:

TIMMEEEE
30th Apr 2003, 19:12
Im actually impressed that the NZ govt can afford even a used B757 which is probably worth sweet FA on the used jet market.

So, they've decimated the RNZAF and now Helen (aka George) Clark has a new (albeit second hand) toy.

Now, where will she fly it to and to what advantage (apart from being a cool toy for the RNZAF lads) will it bring compared to a ticket or two on Air NZ.

So how cool!...........the country has little ability to defend itself or cater for a major civil emergency but Helen has 757.
Go figure.

Colonel Blink
1st May 2003, 09:16
Exactly who are NZ's enemies. The only people who may want to bomb NZ will be the losers in Rugby World Cup. Remember NZ has no active involvement in the coalition, therefore has not set itself up as a potential target.

The NZ Air Force as a defence - my arse - the UK, US and Aus air forces are involved with a strike capability, not any defence work. We have no oil to plunder, no minerals to strip, etc. However, if milk or lamb becomes valuable we better get some F16's quick.

Borneo Wild Man
1st May 2003, 10:02
Anybody know if 40Sqn are having any retirement functions for the 727.I could do with a trip back to wreck a bit of havoc!!!:ok:

jungly
4th May 2003, 10:44
I doubt there will be a big booze up just yet.
They are planning on keeping one 727 serviceable and a crew current for the time being as there will only be one 757 avail for some time (while they progressively get cargo doors etc fitted)