PDA

View Full Version : I am 6'5"... are there any problems?

rex
6th Feb 2001, 10:37
I was just reading the BA recruitment pages and they were specifying a max height of 6'3".
Being of slightly taller persuasion, I am wondering whether this is going to cause me problems.

Rex

abc123497
6th Feb 2001, 12:19

GJB
6th Feb 2001, 17:13
I would suggest that you contact BA directly about this. I know they are very strict on medical grounds. Being 6'5" will not prevent you from holding a class 1, but I would check with BA sooner rather than later.

Good luck.

magilla
6th Feb 2001, 17:57
I posted a message about pilot height in the questions forum, had some good feedback.

paraffin
7th Feb 2001, 06:42
I had a similar problem as I am also 6'5". I found that if I slouched slightly I was a convincing 6'3". Give it a go. A little bit in the knee, a little in the back and a little in the neck. Over six and a half feet two inches isn't a great deal.
BA also don't measure your height till the medical. I doubt a medical officer would fail you on an inch or two once you'd got that far.

Good Luck

Mabs
7th Feb 2001, 13:49
I made the mistake of telling BA that I was over 6'3" when seeking an application form back in 1996 and that was the end of any potential career with BA despite some fairly high powered help, an inflexible and exceptionally arrogant attitude predominated in the recruiting department. Whatever you do, make sure you don't f***ing tell them your actual height. Paraffin has the right approach. For what its worth I nearly took them to court for discrimination as their reasons for the height restriction were and are groundless (I have been flying for more than 20 years) but I have since found other satisfactory employment; still think about it sometimes. Good luck!!!

[This message has been edited by Mabs (edited 07 February 2001).]