PDA

View Full Version : Travel insurance

Sliding member
16th Apr 2003, 05:23
Hello,
Can anybody recommend or advise dealings with companies for travel insurance? I suppose they are much of a muchness, but your expiriences are welcome. Note I'm eligible for staff travel rates
Thanks

woderick
16th Apr 2003, 06:46
Depends, if you are Airline Staff then Fly Sure are good if not We have had no trouble with annual-insurance.com fairly cheap and our claim was not contested and paid rapidly.

SLF
19th Apr 2003, 05:13
Sliding

Try www.easy-quote.co.uk - I'm currently with Norwich Union, no claims history with them but cheap, comprehensive and reputable.

Cheers - SLF

PAXboy
19th Apr 2003, 06:54
I have used American Express for many years. I was with their Centurion Assurance when I was a Green and Gold card holder and now have it combined with membership as Platinum.

I would say that Centurion was expensive but that was in the early and mid 90s when insurance was a lot more expensive. I never had to make a claim.

With Platinum I have had to make two small medical claims and they were dealt with very well indeed.

Like, when you report the illness by phone. They ring you back (anywhere in the world) three days later to make sure that you are alright and getting all the attention you need and can they put you in touch with any more medical assistance!! :O

Claim form was waiting for me by the time I got home.

Tiger
19th Apr 2003, 19:52
Used Fly Sure for a few years now, found them pretty good, but there again I never made a claim, worth taking the top cover as the basic is basic, and if you decided to take a package holiday the agent may say it does not cover enough.

But I discovered that Alliance Leicester Premier account offers FREE travel insurance in part of the package. I opened this account using it as a second current account.....need to pay in a min of £500 a month, a credit balance gives goodish interest rate and you get a few benefits such as free insurance without having to pay a monthly fee.

see A&L website for more info.