PDA

View Full Version : jobs without a class1

gbnkr
6th Feb 2001, 00:11
I was wondering that if after getting my ppl (a) and discovering I cannot get a class one medical is there any jod I could get to fly for free?? Is flying instruction completely out the window?

cortilla
6th Feb 2001, 01:07
legally, It still leaves you some options, and do it for the love of flying, and not for the pay (i.e. you won't get paid). You can become a flight instructor, though the details escape me. you can also do glider towing, and para dropping. However as you won't have a cpl (no class 1 medical no cpl) you will have to do everything for free.

gbnkr
6th Feb 2001, 01:44
Yeah I would gladly fly/instruct for free as I have just bought a new house so funds are very limited!
I failed a class one because of colour perception problem but scooting around teaching new students to fly would be a great part time hobby. If anyone has any ways round this i would be very greatful.

Rote 8
6th Feb 2001, 13:51
gnbkr

I seem to recall a similar discussion with our CFI. It may be the case that you can get a restricted Class 1. As the name implies this will restrict the work that you can do, but I believe it will allow you to instruct. Best of all the restriction will be lifted if you complete at least 500 hours without incurring any problems as a result of your condition.

I have no idea if your particular condition precludes you from having a restricted medical but I would imagine that it worth finding out, assuming you have not done so already.

Best of luck whatever you do.