PDA

View Full Version : B727-200 Current Captain out there?

freightdriver
15th Apr 2003, 19:48
To all current qualified B727-200 PiC, who meet recent of experience in the last 90days and current on PC check. There is an opportunity to fly for a Cargo Airline based in Asia Pasific on a contract (Renewable on an annual basis).

Pls no agency this is a real lead and I'll take your contact info via reply to this post or PM. Then I will give you info where to send your cv to.

Preference is: min 1000 PIC on type, min 5000 TT jet time bonus if he/she has: Instructor ratings, AsPac and Cargo experience.

Pay isn't too bad but it is based on regional standard.

Regards,

:ok:

The Rage
15th Apr 2003, 22:01
I guess the only guys operating these are with transmile! Are they on an expension drive or have they been losing pilots to Air Asia? Do they provide type rating?

freightdriver
16th Apr 2003, 01:41
It's not transmile and the ops will based out of HK, but a/c will be PK registered.

You must be type rated on B727-200 with min 1000Hrs+ as Captain on the aircraft.:8

a.s.a.p.

PS: pls do keep in mind contract will be awarded on local terms (renumeration package):O

Hogg
16th Apr 2003, 05:33
I think Air Contractors of Dublin, Ireland have a few drivers around,

Great Guys, well experienced, get the job done.

Regds Hogg ;)

freightdriver
16th Apr 2003, 18:46
So I have been informed, I need to remind you all that I am providing this lead to help my fellow pilots in need. I am not part of the company' management and will not profit from this post except the satisfaction of knowing this info will help someone in need or the smooth operation of the company in need.

Needless to say, the contract is based on local terms so it may not be too interesting for someone currently flying the line for a western based company. But for someone who is not presently employed but still has the currency it's a different story.

Good luck gents! or ladies (wishful thinking on my part)

Regards,:ok:

Chris cargo
18th Apr 2003, 07:42
Contact Ian Reece HR manager of Air Contracters.Has many B727-200 currrent crews on the dole. Will surely supply names and experience to suit your requirements.

freightdriver
19th Apr 2003, 10:03
Unfortunately I won't be able to contact AC directly on behalf on the company, since I am not in charge of HRD or Recruitment.

If you can tell the guys over there who might be interested to contact me that would be great. I have received a few PM with interest thanks!

:ok:

kkbigjet
19th Apr 2003, 11:24
hello freight driver
thnx
well i got anly f/o time,1733 on the 72,with atp..was with lufthansa cargo india.
u think an f/o cud get luky and geta job ...
thnx
bi bi
kunal

Kaptin M
19th Apr 2003, 11:37
freightdriver = 411A?!

Sounds a LOT like the type of operation old 411A has been spruiking on about:
Ancient aircraft,
Flying/registered in Indonesia,
5h!t salaries.

Expect a shafting, and make sure your salary is PAID on a weekly/fortnightly basis.

leftfrontside
19th Apr 2003, 14:14
Word has it the said Company has hired some Mexicans to do the job, accommodation is NOT included and apparently a figure of USD2500 per month is thrown around. Not sure about per deim but it would need to be heaps to afford to survive in Hongkong if you had an appetite that went past "beans" :}

Dutchman
19th Apr 2003, 23:28
Kaptin M,

I can guarantee you freightdriver is in no way related to 411A.

Freightdriver has been honest/upfront about his intentions in this post and clear what conditions are, he never promised a pot of gold. Give him a break and commend the man for trying to help out people in these difficult times hopefully more people will follow his example.

freightdriver
21st Apr 2003, 00:47
:ouch:
Kaptin M....I did mentioned contract will be on local terms. FYI some of us do not have the luxury of a high salary that some of you enjoy in other parts of the world, but just like you we are proud to be in this profesion and for most it's a lifelong dream. Sure if I could fly for an outfit that will pay me top dollars why not! .

This post is simply to alert pilots who might be interested on the job. BTW the Mexicans are friends of mine, they came via an agency based in NZ so terms are not known to me. All of them were layed off in their home country. Again I will not engage in the hiring process since I am just a lowly pilot for the company(underpaid and all but pay always comes 3-5 days before the first of the month which makes my wife very happy) . But I think the need is real urgent that you can negotiate the terms, to a point of course.....

Kunal, sorry mate but at the moment only for PIC current on type since the FO will be locals.

Bedankt Dutchman voor jouw suporten!

Regards to all!!!!!:ok:

kkbigjet
21st Apr 2003, 10:05
never mind buddy
thnx very much for the thot in an any case
guys like urself are pretty rare
well i will keep my search goin
take care
kunal

freightdriver
21st Apr 2003, 12:27
Missed your comment, but accomodation is provided at the moment in a hotel nearby the airport....looking into corporate apartment in the near future.

Figure you mentioned is off, and there is a per diem. How do one survive in HK indeed..? It is a low cost operation with local terms but it's not slavery..at least I hope not cause I will be the first one to go the picket line....:}

leftfrontside
21st Apr 2003, 16:47
freightdriver - I know your heart is in the right place but the "offer" WAS way below par.

Without mentioning the "South Sea Island" recruiting Co WHO I know well. Privately the said "recruiter" (one RF) said that your Indonesian Co were disappointed in the quality that was applying being presented. HE TOLD THEM that if they wanted to offer 3rd World Salary - WELL

Don't come back and tell me I'm full of it as I had dinner with "RF" in SE Asia recently and discussed the dismay at the CRAP SALARY BEING OFFERED ( I won't say it but Monkeys and Peanuts come into it!)

freightdriver
22nd Apr 2003, 00:08
Ok. leftfrontside...

I won't engage in any arguments regarding pay. The reality remains that the world economy is so complex in such that some of us have to endure on a 3rd world salary. Surprisingly or sadly for us the salary we draw put us on the top income group here locally and I know that they will offer more for HK based crew (location dependant)

Regarding the quality of the current crew, don't know what they're (co) talking about but they appeared to have a high standrad since most came from a Flag carrier. I know the crew got beef with some issues but thay need to take it up with the agency.

I know there are a lot to be desire from this company and like most pilots I have issues as well that I like to see fix. But I think you got the essence of this post in which I was merely trying to put the word out. Maybe I can only help a fellow pilots from the 3rd world, I am sure there are more than a few qualified professionals around.

Here is a dare for a current qualified 727 driver to contact the co. and tell them what the min salary should be for HK based crew...:ok:

a little background: I was layed off and was out of the game for almost 5 years, I was not current and no co. will give me a shot. It took the same attitude from someone to give me this break...so you never know, maybe there is someone out there that need the job and could even manage to convince the company that what is offered is 5h....it!:D :ok: I am all for it!!!