PDA

View Full Version : Call Sign Confusion!

mjenkinsblackdog
14th Apr 2003, 23:52
I work for an airline which has just implimented callsign confusion.
Previously ,this was introduced and withdrawn.
The problem is both the French and the Spanish as an example keep dropping bits on the Callsign.
For Example *** 9tv becames ***tv.
This is after repeating the Callsign 3 times to ATC.
Now when you have 3 aircraft all using the 9 this causes confusion .

Anyone else having problems I wonder.
BA seem to manage well with over 175 aircraft worldwide I wonder WHY we cant.:cool:

KISS Keep it SIMPLE STUPID!

5milesbaby
15th Apr 2003, 04:14
Don't quite understand what you are saying, but shortening a flight number in any form isn't permitted anywhere, unless ATC instruct you for confusion purposes to amend the current one.

If this is about the new EasyJet ones, take a trip to ATC Issues and see the thread there.

mjenkinsblackdog
15th Apr 2003, 04:28
Point I am making is a move away from simple callsigns such as *** 123 etc the move is towards horrendous mouthfuls as an atc female called it.
For example ***5UQ.
or ***5ZU.
The foreign controllers as I previously said abbreviate the mouthfuls to create other confusion with other Company Aircraft.

This procedure was previously introduced and scrapped .
One final point is that not only pilots ,atc,find this system overly complicated,but the poor people in ops dont like it either.:cool:

The original flight number and Call sign dont match therefore fitting in nicely with someones ideas on day release.

boredcounter
16th Apr 2003, 01:24
Pardon my stupidity, are you saying the conflicts are within your own Airline, and without factoring in all the other traffic?

If this is the case, is it because you use coded alphanumeic callsigns to reflect the city pair route?