PDA

View Full Version : BA and BAE SYSTEMS???

Cuban_8
5th Feb 2001, 14:27
All,

Was reading through Flight International before and noticed that BAE SYSTEMS Flight Training are advertising with British Airways as one of their customers!! Didn't know anything about this - can anyone explain?? Have BA started sending cadets to Jerez?

Cheers,

Cuban_8

ROTATION
5th Feb 2001, 14:38
Hi there Cuban,
Yes, BA ane sending some of their cadets down to Jerez for the jet orientation course. A buddy of mine training with BA at the moment in Michegan should be hitting Jerez sometime in the autumn.
Hope all's well with you.

Cuban_8
5th Feb 2001, 14:43
Rotation,

Cheers for that - good news for Jerez!! Cant wait to get there now!!

Regards,

Cuban_8

P.S. Did you get the mail I sent with the AIH info?

Wee Weasley Welshman
5th Feb 2001, 16:02
Indeed BA have again selected BAE for the ab intio cadets Jet Orientation Courses. I think the figure is 84 cadets over the next year.

Cheers

Sprawler
5th Feb 2001, 17:46
WWW, any progress on the web-site???

Cuban_8
5th Feb 2001, 23:11
Here Here....

You promised 2 weeks a while ago WWW!! Would be really handy - it's hard to find out any good info about Jerez.

Cheers,

Cuban_8

moggie
9th Feb 2001, 15:05
Yep - BA are sending cadets (trained at Oxford mostly) to BAE Jerez for a combined Jet Orientation and MCC course prior to starting type conversions.

They reckon that a JOC saves the company about 1.25 million pounds per year because the cadets need less training on the type conversion.

Shamrock 321
9th Feb 2001, 15:20
BAE web site is www.baesystems.es (http://www.baesystems.es)

moggie
9th Feb 2001, 20:44
The BA cadets at BAE Jerez are doing a Jet Orientation and MCC Course. 44 hours on the Hawker 800 (EFIS), handling, SOPs and emergencies. They go to BA fully conversant with the SOP and generic Jet handling (the Hawker 800 feels a lot like a 737) and it save BA 1.25 million quid per year with reduced type training courses.