PDA

View Full Version : BA at MAN

BBriscoe
14th Apr 2003, 18:35
What types of aircraft do British Airways have based at Manchester?

Thanx again.

Localiser Green
14th Apr 2003, 19:02
None that I know of. The only BA ops into Manchester are the LHR and LGW shuttle flights. All the rest are operated by BA CitiExpress on BAe 146 and ERJ145. They also operate the single 767 flight to JFK (though I imagine this is crewed by LGW-based 767 pilots).

ETOPS
14th Apr 2003, 19:35
Localiser Green

Good answer. Just one minor correction - the 767 crews are LHR based.

BBriscoe
15th Apr 2003, 00:02
What airlines are actually based at Manchester?

jmc_757-200
15th Apr 2003, 00:27
Hi,
The following British airlines are based at MAN:

Thomas Cook (ex jmc)
Air 2000
Air Scandic
Astraeus
bmi Baby (from May)
British Airways Citiexpress
MyTravel Airways
FlyJet (one aircraft from April)

Theres more i'm sure but I can't think of them.

Thanks

jmc_757-200

jetstream7
15th Apr 2003, 20:49
jmc_757-200

Just nit-picking really, but I think we need a clarification to the definition of 'based'

Do we mean,

1. That they have their operation managed from MAN - I would guess that Air Scandic and My Travel are examples of this

or

2. Whether it's more a case that they have aircraft and crew based there - Astraeus being an example of this, but that their HO is in Crawley.

In the case of point 2, then there are other airlines that can be added - e.g. Britannia,, bmi, Monarch etc., all have aircraft 'based' at MAN, but the HO and operations centre is elsewhere

chiglet
16th Apr 2003, 05:36
JS7,
Just "Pit Nicking":rolleyes: but the Only "Airline" Based at MAN [AFAIK...] is NEA :ok:
The a/c are there, the HQ is there [and have been for 25plus years]:O
As for the "Big Boys", yup, their HQ/HOs are "elsewhere"
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

Landing_24R
16th Apr 2003, 16:40
British Airways Citi-Express also operate Dash 8-300 and ATP aircraft out of MAN on domestic routes. I'm fairly sure that they are MAN based, unless anyone can correct me? ERJ145's and 146's/Avro's operate the European routes ex MAN, the Avro's being ex-Cityflyer. Half are at Birmingham as well.

All the Jetstreams are long gone, although there is a J41/J31 service to Billund, operated by a Scandinavian based/registered aircraft under BA franchise with Sun Air.

faq
19th Apr 2003, 16:41
There is still a J41 based in MAN, Eastern Airways operating MAN-STN-MAN three times a day I think. The aircraft came from BRAL/BACX and the route is ex BRAL/BACX.

LAF
21st Apr 2003, 22:25
L24R-You are correct sir.BACX (which is effectively British Airways as far as the pax are concerned) is based at Manchester.They moved from the Isle of Man into Olympic House earlier this year.Aircraft inventory also although it looks like the Dash 8s and ATPs won't be with us for much longer.:ugh:

Airprox
23rd Apr 2003, 19:20
Air 2000 is also BASED at MAN. Its head office is Commonwealth House right next to the terminal! Air 2000 also have a office at LGW but thats the old Liesure HQ.

:D