PDA

View Full Version : Need an opinion.

phspy
29th Mar 2002, 12:30
Hi,. .I'm 33 and have a JAR/FCL CPL/IF license Single Engine (it's a start), and hope to fly for the. .airlines one day. . .I wonder what to do next, either getting a JAR/FCL twin rating on my license OR do a MCC course?. .I veer towards doing a MCC course because airlines require it and at least it stays valid. . .On the other hand, off course I do need a twin-rating, but it's expensive, and it's . .expensive to keep valid, and I can always get it if an airline shows interest. What's wisdom?. .Are there any pilots involved in the selection of pilots who can give an opinion on this?. .Thanks

Grandad Flyer
31st Mar 2002, 13:27
I think you'll find that all airlines require you to have at least frozen ATPL, current multi IR and current medical as absolute basics, otherwise your CV will be straight in the bin. Although some airlines require you to have MCC also, it is something to do once you have everything else.
A twin rating IS expensive to get and keep current, but until you have your twin IR you will not even be considered with any airline.