PDA

View Full Version : employment opportunities for an antigua base

bird on the wire
11th Apr 2003, 03:55
I a 737 pilot am looking at relocating permanently to Antigua, as my partner has been offered a job there.
What realistic opportunities would there be for me to get a job? I would pay for another type rating and i'm not that fussed what I fly.

cordy
4th May 2003, 21:19
Contact Caribbean Star, they fly dash8's.
Good luck:ok:

tropical wave
5th May 2003, 02:05
One has to be a Caribbean national [caricom] for employment with LIAT and Caribbean Star are not hiring non nationals on contract again [that's what i just got from one of their pilots].The best bet is 'Carib Aviation', they fly light twins, you may get lucky.

Captnhappy
8th May 2003, 09:15
Rumor has it that a company called Carib jet Cargo has aquired 3 L1011's for their base in Dussledorf but will register them in Antigua.

CBJ Cargo, the cargo arm of Caribjet, will soon receive its second L-1011. The aircraft involved is N102CK (msn 1198), which was ferried to Amman on February 26 for heavy maintenance by JORAMCO.

It will likely be re-registered in Antigua. If the company's plan to build a hub at Dusseldorf comes to fruition, they will acquire three additional ex-Kitty Hawk L-1011-200Fs.

Any of my West Indian brothers would like to comment on this?
Sounds like another "Lester Bird" deal .

Captain Stable
8th May 2003, 16:27
I needed to re-read that! :rolleyes:

Better a Lester Lewis deal than Lester Bird!

cordy
8th May 2003, 20:50
I will love to get more information on this, do the company have a web site? Do they hire Caribbean Nationals?