PDA

View Full Version : Performance Officer - Duties?

big bus driver
10th Apr 2003, 02:56
Hi,

Saw an advert in the back of Flight International last week showing a vacancy for a Performance Officer with MyTravel, based an MAN.

I just wondered if anyone here could explain to me what the role of a performance officer entails? From the advert I gather they liaise with the flight crew to ensure the safe and efficient conduct of the flight, but could anyone here be more specific and shed a little more light on this role?

Many thanks in advance,
Mark.

no sig
11th Apr 2003, 04:48
Mark

Haven't seen the ad, but Performance usually refers to the department that produces airfield take off and landing analysis. These data enable the pilot to calculate his maximum take off weight/landing weights for the conditions on a given day from a selected runway. They also often work on flight planning, navigation and related systems and support.

If its a trainee position then you'd usually be expected to numerate, computer literate and have an eye for detail and be capable of very accurate work.

Good luck.

Letsparty24/7
11th Apr 2003, 07:45
This is probably what you are refering to:-

Performance Officer

Purpose

To provide an efficient support service to the Flight Deck crew. Dealing with all aspects of navigation, performance, crew briefing and technical publications.

Main Tasks

- Building company routes (ATS) for a/c fleets in accordance with various routing schemes and local restrictions taking into account ATC restrictions
-Controlling content and supply of navigation databases for company a/c
-Continually review and update runway performance data for all company a/c type
-Maintain and create electronic manuals/software - allocation of a/c laptops
-Maintain the flight support briefing sustem for the flight deck crew
-Maintaining various aeronautical information publications and company operating manuals
-Conducting commercial route analysis and development
-Maintaining both navigational and technical libaries for all holder/aircaraft
-Flight planning duties
-Quality control

Requirements

A level standard, 5 years ops experience and sound knowledge of perf A a/c an advantage, etc, etc.