PDA

View Full Version : Computerised logbooks

silverknapper
9th Apr 2003, 21:20
Does anyone have any experience of these? I am just starting out and would like to get it all on PC while it won't take me months to work through the backlog of entries. From what I can see there are 2, the jeppesen one and skylog pro. The latter is the more expensive. Are there others I should look at, or which of these is the best.

Cheers

SK

expedite_climb
10th Apr 2003, 00:46
Do a search in computers forum there are loads of posts on this.

Also have come across a new one which i like, which is kinda still under development. www.fliteware.co.uk

WX Man
10th Apr 2003, 02:15
I prefer not to use Skylog Pro for reasons that I will give if you PM me.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that does the job just fine.

Onan the Clumsy
10th Apr 2003, 05:20
I wrote my own excel spreadsheet. It's a little complicated in some areas, but it gives me everything I need including time by type, time by activity etc, plus a lot of the entry is automatic, like I just type the N number and the a/c type is entered for me. I can even adjust the start date to show how much time was accrued in the past n days.

It gives me what I need, seemed a lot better than anything commercial I looked at and was a great way of learning excel.

Sorry about the ego trip. :cool:

AngleAndAttack
10th Apr 2003, 20:49
OtC,

Egotrip only shows you`ve stayed in TX long enough. :)

Tried different types of computerized log-books.
Never found one that does the job.

In my country we use hrs and mins,opposed to the US ( I believe?) decimal log. Could be that it`s more complicated that way.

I know this has been asked for many times in the forum.
Haven`t seen a good answer yet.

A&A
:)

erikv
11th Apr 2003, 04:59
I've been using FlightLevel Logbook for over 5 years now. It easily gives totals by type, propulsion, rating and many more. There is an option to use decimals or hours and minutes.

Check www.flightlvl.com for a demo.

Erik.